"in the long run"
over a long period of time, finally
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I think we have no choice but to update our production process.
Colleague 2: That is going to cost a lot of money.
Colleague 1: Yes. There will be a substantial outlay of capital initially but, in the long run, the company will make far more profit, not just on current rates but with the ability to produce even more product.
Colleague 2: And how long will it take to pay for the initial outlay?
Colleague 1: About two to three years but after that our profits will double.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: I really think it is time to change our lifestyle. We need to eat better, lose weight and exercise more.
Husband: But I like burgers and pizza.
Wife: And in the long run, no exercise and unhealthy eating will kill us.
Husband: You are right. Let's pay the price now and change our lifestyle. It won't take long to adopt new habits.
There is no gerund form for in the long run.
1) ... infrastructure development in the area will be the key in attracting investors in the long run.
2) ... that relentlessly focusing on growth at the expense of inequality is self-defeating in the long run.
3) Whether it will be enough in the long run remains to be seen, ...
4) ... a car with a cheaper sticker price actually costs more to own in the long run.
5) ... a good color laser printer for 200 bucks these days. and in the long run, they're usually a lot cheaper.
6) In the long run, culture has the power to shape our identity. Over time and under the ...
7) In the long run, other measures are also under consideration, including changes to bid documents and model ...
8) ... despite the upfront cost of the programme, consumers will save money in the long run as they will be able to more effectively monitor their usage.
9) And they're going to add up to very big differences in the long run.
10) ... but unfortunately, the economies of scale just do not permit and in the long run this doesn't make the companies economically viable. Not all routes are equally sustainable ...
11) There is no adverse financial impact on the parties in the long run in terms of the revised agreement.
12) The bottom line is that our present transportation system is not sustainable in the long run and necessary actions and technologies are being developed.
13) Preventing a problem is often more effective in the long run than continually treating the symptoms.
14) ... but in the long run it might certainly prove to be a good bet.
15) High and continuous dependency on foreign workers will reduce productivity in the long run.
16) In the long run, procrastination can take a steep toll on our potential, finances, relationships and ...
17) Whether this distribution of mining power will be typical in the long run remains to be seen.
18) ... the less glamorous efforts to not lose money that will build wealth in the long run.
19) Large development projects that confer benefits in the long run need borrowed funds.
20) ... we fix these problems, to make sure we're more efficient in the long run.