"in the mainstream"
in the group that represents the majority;
considered normal, and having or using ideas and beliefs that are accepted by most people
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The boss's management style sure is unusual. I don't think I have ever experienced such a radical approach to office productivity. Having employees raise their hands and then be rewarded with little prizes whenever they hit the next advance point in their work is very unusual.
Colleague 2: The boss's style is definitely not in the mainstream but it works for us.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Just give Carl a call.
Friend 2: I can't. He doesn't have a telephone.
Friend 1: Not even a cell phone?
Friend 2: Carl is too old-fashioned to be in the mainstream of modern life.
There is no gerund form for in the mainstream.
1) Raw Story is a progressive news site that focuses on stories often ignored in the mainstream media.
2) But we're intrigued to see APIs being discussed in the mainstream media and we'll be following the case closely.
3) ... developed by major disability rights groups, to replace dependency with jobs in the mainstream of the American workforce.
4) They are in the mainstream media -- in print, on radio, on TV.
5) The small numerical adoption rate is a testament to the barriers to entry in the mainstream.
6) ... embarrassing and part of the reason video games still struggle to find legitimacy in the mainstream media.
7) The law is different in each state, but Wisconsin was certainly in the mainstream in having a law that provided remedies for employees who experienced discrimination on the job.
8) ... general education classroom, so every day they spend some time with children in the mainstream.
9) ... those on the fringe who charge a massive government cover-up, and those in the mainstream who decry the former as conspiracy theorists.
10) Adequate testing would include (1) adequate measurement of self-esteem in the mainstream tradition of that literature; (2) a focus that allows us to differentiate ...
11) With folk music back in the mainstream consciousness via acts like Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes, the timing for ...
12) Speth is one of the most influential actors in the mainstream environmental movement.
13) But we're nowhere close to seeing that approach in the mainstream yet.
14) Yet, hardly ever in the mainstream discourse is the quality of rich country aid an issue or problem that needs urgent ...
15) For most journalists in the mainstream then, self-censorship is often the course, sometimes unknowingly.
16) but it's a risky move. It may never make waves out in the mainstream user base of Twitter, but it does affect the most passionate proponents and users.
17) I do think that if you want to dance in a professional capacity in the mainstream dance world, having a ballet foundation can be very helpful!
18) But stuff like this starts to gel in the mainstream when it is taken seriously.
19) A lot of the men with the greatest problems are utterly invisible in the mainstream culture. The women's movement did a job of publicizing rape and sexual assault ...
20) Will your now retracted opinion make a difference in the mainstream acceptance of games as art, or influence one way or another the argument over ...