"in the short run"
for a short period of time
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: We are really having trouble keeping up with the demand for product A. One of the components takes quite a long time to order in.
Colleague 2: That's OK. Product B uses the same component. We can take some of the component stock from Product B to use in Product A.
Colleague 1: That will work in the short run but what happens when Product B is in demand again?
Colleague 2: If we order more components now, we will be OK then.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: This is a disaster. What a time for you to lose your job. What are we going to do?
Husband: In the short run, we can use savings. I am also eligible for Employment Insurance so the government will send a check after the waiting period.
Wife: OK. So we will be OK for a little while. What then?
Husband: I will have another job.
There is no gerund form for in the short run.
1) So in the end, if selling EVs means taking a loss in the short run, they appear to be willing to do so.
2) This may not even serve them well in the short run, since one immediate result of active parental involvement is passivity.
3) Most of the theories should work in the long run and not in the short run.
4) In the short run, if we were to lower taxes, that would provide some stimulus to ...
5) It's a Band-Aid in the short run, but it's not sustainable.
6) In the short run, trying to control the economy by monetary policy just adds to instability, ...
7) ... had been pretty much discredited, in part because while they might work in the short run, they invariably fail in the long run.
8) The sudden rise since January is making the market look overpriced in the short run, and if it continues to move up at the same pace there is ...
9) To be sure, it is difficult to engineer a lift in supply in the short run given the state and local governments largely control this space and new supply needs ...
10) Clearly a weaker sterling spells trouble, at least in the short run, for Irish companies engaged in trade or exposed to overseas competition.
11) ... believe that running shows seven days a week is good strategy. In the short run there may be gain, but in the long term this is not sustainable.
12) I can see some companies leaving money on the table in the short run by holding prices steady because they don't want to lose market share.
13) ... as less leverage almost always means slower economic activity in the short run, ...
14) It's probably not catastrophic in terms of reaching donors in the short run and there is scope for recovery. But it needs work.
15) In the case of oil, you can substitute over time, but in the short run your car is your car.
16) But while this is effective in the short run, it isn't enough to cultivate a sense of loyalty or push motivation ...
17) ... that the scientific method works and creates prosperity in the long run but in the short run convincing governments that sustained investment is a priority is never easy.
18) ... for example, sound transport investments sustain aggregate demand in the short run and secure solid investment returns in the long run.
19) Though it can be costly in the short run, the study found debt consolidation to be more beneficial than previously thought.
20) While it ensured stability and "support" in the short run, it lost the hearts and minds of its citizens in the long run.