"ins and outs"
the intricate details of a situation or process
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I understand that I'll be taking over the Brady account from you.
Colleague 2: Yes. I am happy to have you take over. It is a complex account.
Colleague 1: I really hope that you can give me the ins and outs of the account.
Colleague 2: Sure. Let's schedule a meeting and I'll go over all the details with you.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well? How's college life?
Friend 2: It's good now but it was really difficult in the beginning. The course work isn't bad but all the details of course selection and which professors are good and how to access the twelve different libraries and dorm life and a myriad of other details were a real challenge to learn.
Friend 1: So no one gave you all the ins and outs of college life before you went to college?
Friend 2: Nope.
There is no gerund form for ins and outs.
1) With a bit of forethought and the knowledge of Google Music's ins and outs, you can keep your desktop and cloud players truly in sync.
2) Should we really expect our designers to know the ins and outs of the various rendering engines?
3) Prep for what might happen in your area. Knowing the ins and outs of your neighborhood will save your life.
4) In this blog post, I am going to review the ins and outs of virus and malware protection.
5) Over the past few months, we've been exploring the ins and outs of effective sales emails.
6) ... he's a career agent and knows the ins and outs of the agency quite well so I don't think they'll miss ...
7) Well, I don't understand the ins and outs of bankruptcy, so you may be correct.
8) Furthermore, poll workers will have to learn the ins and outs of the new requirements in short time ...
9) I find manuals don't always help me understand the rules or the ins and outs of a game.
10) I'm not sure about the ins and outs of composting in the desert.
11) It serves as a resource for native students to figure out the ins and outs of college, and also meet people they can identify with.
12) Apple has recently published a 153-page manual that can teach you the ins and outs of both.
13) And when they do, if you already have a following and know the ins and outs, you're going to be one step ahead of the competition.
14) You'll also learn the ins and outs of the Egyptian priesthood.
15) ... weekly sessions to get parents up to speed on the logistical, legal and financial ins and outs of running a school.
16) It is with this task in mind that I sat down to teach myself the ins and outs of Google Earth.
17) The "players" are college students learning the ins and outs of the hotel-casino industry at UNLV's world-renowned gaming laboratory.
18) This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works ...
19) ... but simply because I don't want to bother with learning the ins and outs of yet another gadget, and remembering to keep it charged ...
20) As someone who has never been very passionate about the ins and outs of politics, this book showed me the importance of doing research on ...