"It wouldn't hurt to"
an expression used to make a suggestion to do something that could be beneficial where no harm will happen if the advice is taken
Related words and phrases:
A husband and wife are at a grocery store ...
Wife: I forgot to check to see if we need to buy Diet Coke.
Husband: I drink a lot of Diet Coke so it wouldn't hurt to buy some.
Wife: You're right. Diet Coke keeps for a long time and it's good to have lots in the pantry.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: My presentation is all ready to go.
Colleague 2: Have you checked it over for errors?
Colleague 1: Of course.
Colleague 2: Have you had someone else check it over?
Colleague 1: No.
Colleague 2: You know, it wouldn't hurt to have someone else check your presentation. Sometimes a person can't see their own mistakes.
Colleague 1: Good idea. Would you take a look at the presentation for me, please?
There is no gerund form for It wouldn't hurt to.
1) New selectors might help, but it also wouldn't hurt to have a team capable of holding catches, handling swing bowling or hitting ...
2) Composting time will depend on warmth. In the mean time it wouldn't hurt to put some leaves around your trees to act as a blanket for the ...
3) It wouldn't hurt to connect that extra 100W panel through the 2nd inverter now, and see ...
4) It wouldn't hurt to wake it up either, hamsters can adjust to different sleeping schedules.
5) I'm not a sweet eater so that's not the problem. But it wouldn't hurt to be better at my choices.
6) Wouldn't hurt to try if you have any money left.
7) Some if it is really hard to tell. I figure it wouldn't hurt to play along because the bank can tell if the checks a fake usually ...
8) The Avengers was a lot like the comics. It wouldn't hurt to see some of this stuff in a movie.
9) ... problem here due to the mother being present when the document was signed but it wouldn't hurt to ask a lawyer.
10) ... see what she was feeling in last episode everyones got someone i just reckon it wouldn't hurt to have more action and violence.
11) Not a big deal for me as I always think twice before deleting but it wouldn't hurt to have that feature.
12) ... we'll all die anyway and It wouldn't hurt to die a hero.
13) It also wouldn't hurt to bring a first aid kit just in case you get hurt.
14) ... go and change your Twitter password while you are at it. It would not hurt to do a full virus scan either.
15) ... about coffee makers and to help you get the best ones, it would not hurt to read through some reviews and consider the ratings before you get one.
16) lots of time before you select to launch your business online, it would not hurt to learn the basics and invest time to learn the task your self.
17) It would not hurt to search for family reunion newsletter samples and use them to create some type of ...
18) This is a non-issue, but it would not hurt to fix the grammar and spellings on your site.
19) It would not hurt to always say "please" and "thank you" with a smile, ...
20) With privacy being a significant issue these days, it would not hurt to have added protection on your device for those extra sensitive files or data.