"to be a Jack-of-all-trades"
to be able to do many different jobs or tasks;
to have many skills and abilities
Related words and phrases:
Martha visited her friend, Paul, yesterday. While Martha was visiting Paul, she repaired a leaky faucet in the kitchen, put up some shelves in the kitchen and repaired Paul's computer.
Martha is a Jack-of-all-trades.
Fred works as a nurse. In his spare time, he likes to paint pictures. He also likes to repair everything in his house. Fred also fixes computers, sews and plays many sports.
Fred is truly a Jack-of-all-trades.
Being a Jack-of-trades can be an advantage when there are many different jobs to do.
1) I am a Jack-of-all-trades because I can do many things well.
2) You are a Jack-of-all-trades because you can fix the plumbing, paint and fly an airplane.
3) He is a Jack-of-all-trades because he can keep books, play four different sports and cook.
4) She is a Jack-of-all-trades because she is able to work in a lab, pilot a submarine and fix computers.
5) We are Jacks-of-all-trades because we often climb mountains, scuba dive and perform in the ballet.
6) You (all) are Jacks-of-all-trades because you (all) can fix a car, knit, and perform surgery.
7) They are Jacks-of-all-trades because they drive race cars, play in the symphony and run a restaurant.
8) The danger is that we lose all specialization and end up with a jack of all trades who can do everything but hasn't got the time to learn one thing really well.
9) I have become a jack of all trades making me a well rounded designer/developer but not a great one at one.
10) I just don't believe a jack of all trades is realistic in the real world.
11) Not everybody has to be a jack of all trades. Pick your art and excel at that.
12) You might consider a general practice lawyer as a Jack of all Trades who can give advice in many legal areas
13) If you're a jack of all trades in web development, you can successfully freelance alone.
14) Contrary to what you may have learned in school, a jack of all trades is far more equipped to deal with life than a specialized master of only one.
15) Today we hope to have a jack of all trades understanding of the world, if we are curious enough about life.
16) Handy men are a jack of all trades and masters of none. You get what you pay for.
17) Frank Ling, a jack of all trades, works as a professional photographer, writer, and video editor.
18) Forget about being a jack of all trades; there's a reason a Ph.D. degree is the highest academic degree.
19) I am a jack of all trades kinda guy but I specialize in creative work.
20) Differentiate. Be narrow-minded. A jack of all trades has no unique identity. A JOAT is never a top-of-mind go-to resource.