"Join the club!"
an expression indicating empathy for being in the same, or a similar, unfortunate state
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Learning English is so difficult. Just when I think that I am making progress, another idiom pops up that I do not know. It can get a little frustrating sometimes.
Friend 2: Join the club! I've been studying English for years and still have trouble with idioms.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I have to work another weekend. I sure am getting tired of putting in so much overtime. Is it just me or what?
Colleague 2: Join the club! I know it is difficult. We all had to go through the overwork period when we first started working here. When a new person is hired, your workload will decrease.
There is no gerund form for Join the club!
1) ... inside my computer -- if you didn't know there was such a thing, join the club -- kept correcting a sentence I'd composed.
2) It's not about the bikes. You're getting old. Join the club!
3) ... a ready-set-goal mentality, but now find yourself reverting back to old habits, join the club.
4) So if you are feeling stressed right now, join the club!
5) "Why do I feel so tired all the time?" "Join the club," writes Mira Kirshenbaum, a psychotherapist and researcher, ...
6) ... and must be especially hard for someone just emerging as a female but join the club, Caitlyn.
7) If you now feel like you just walked into a Science Fiction story, join the club! Human longevity could potentially be extended centuries or even millennia if ...
8) Muslim one shouldn't? Is this Secularism? If you think No, then join the club:) You are one of us.
9) ... expect the laser-light of scrutiny he shines on any corner of the political class. Join the club, Guido!
10) IF YOU ARE STILL BATTLING WITH THE SIN NATURE IN YOUR FLESH, join the club... so was Paul!
11) Well there are those who have had and those who are going to have -- join the club my boy. "No judgement but an acceptance of the fact ...
12) Undoubtedly. Is there unnecessary bureaucracy and excess regulation? Sure. Join the Club. Inefficiency, waste, uselessness, bureaucracy and regulation are the ...
13) ... and poly people sometimes face discrimination, bigotry, and oppression. So join the club!
14) If you are an entrepreneur and your first venture wasn't a success, join the club!
15) ... you've held anything important on your car's structure with a bungee cord, join the club!
16) ... that have seen their bottom lines hurt by the Internet would say, well, join the club. Deal with it.
17) ... seriously, the stress is killing me. Join the club!
18) He's only 80 and I'm 81. I've told him join the club and it's not so bad to be 80.
19) Do you believe that worry is preparation? If yes, then join the club! Worriers get a lot of unsolicited advice from non-worriers.
20) I just don't feel appreciated. Join the club!; none of us feel appreciated, really, if we're ...