"to jump out of your skin"
to react strongly to surprise, shock, excitement or joy
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: This is amazing, unbelievable and awesome.
Colleague 2: What was in the letter?
Colleague 1: A bonus check for ten thousand dollars.
Colleague 2: I wondered why you had jumped out of your skin.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your camping trip?
Friend 2: Really good. The weather was great. The campsite was perfect.
Friend 1: But?
Friend 2: On the first night, I sat for a while by the lake away from the campsite just admiring the beauty of nature. When I stood up and turned around to go back to camp, there was a bear not three feet away. I nearly jumped out of my skin.
Friend 1: I guess you were on the lookout for bears for the rest of the trip after that fright?
Jumping out of his skin, the loud noise caused him to spill his coffee all over himself.
1) ... BANG this thing jumped out at us, making a loud noise, I nearly jumped out of my skin and we all screamed, except for Beth.
2) ... a bit jumpy - I felt a ladies camera strap brush up against me and jumped out of my skin! I thought it was a spider.
3) ... put the old chap on the fire, and the next moment I almost jumped out of my skin, because he'd started kicking.
4) Third Construction was unforgettably thrilling. I was so excited listening backstage that I practically jumped out of my skin!
5) ... couldn't stop tapping against the smooth glass screen of my iPhone. I almost jumped out of my skin when it buzzed into life in my hand.
6) I jumped out of my skin, heart rate hit maximum, ...
7) ... before last in the early hours and his tail swished my arm. I nearly jumped out of my skin! Every little tickle or prickle I think is the spider ...
8) ... scream like he was about to attack on a battlefield! And of course I jumped out of my skin and he drove off laughing.
9) A male voice yelled "Hey!" in the hallway, and I jumped out of my skin.
10) ... start wrestling with the industry for record deals and national tours, so I practically jumped out of my skin when I finally found this book.
11) ... stereo, queued up Time and when the bells went off, I nearly jumped out of my skin.
12) ... and this group of guys drove passed and yelled at me. I pretty much jumped out of my skin and I could hear them laughing as they drove away.
13) You should hear how loud one of them is, it still makes me jump out of my skin every time I hear it.
14) ... sound familiar: the alarm clock shakes my world at 6:00 am, and I jump out of my skin, leap off the bed and without touching the floor ...
15) ... only to hear, or see, something that made me jump out of my skin, and the anxiety attacks would start.
16) ... from a little light blog reading, when R appears from nowhere and makes me jump out of my skin and I spill my lovely hot cup of tea.
17) ... a USAF jet passed over the top of my car so close it made me jump out of my skin.
18) ... if I was too preoccupied, she would let out a shrill bark making me jump out of my skin.
19) The energy was palpable and I was ready to jump out of my skin with excitement.
20) I walk past it, and try not to jump out of my skin when it rattles shut behind me with a crash.