"to keep your temper"
to not become angry
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Why are you freaking out? What sense is there in getting so angry and upset?
Colleague 2: I put a lot of work and effort into that project and to have it summarily dismissed is extremely upsetting.
Colleague 1: I can understand how being so invested, a person could become passionate. Perhaps keeping your temper and channeling that passion into making the changes necessary for success would be more productive.
Two parents are talking ...
Parent 1: I have been really struggling lately to keep my temper with my children. It seems like they are purposefully misbehaving just to see me get angry. They seem to enjoy watching my outbursts.
Parent 2: I get it. Kids have a way of pushing our buttons sometimes. Have you tried the age-old remedy of counting to ten before reacting?
Parent 1: I had forgotten that old trick. Taking a forced pause before reacting might just work. I'll try it. Thanks.
Keeping his temper when the children directly disobeyed him was an act of supreme self-control.
1) Campos got sent off soon after his goal -- as he couldn't keep his temper, a selfish act in a playoff game.
2) ... but his personality was troubled by his fearsome temper. He tried to keep his temper under control by working very hard as it distracted him from things ...
3) With a series of shoulder problems, Pless had better keep his temper in check if he's not to end up back under the surgeon's knife.
4) The prosecution suggested Terry couldn't keep his temper because Ferdinand had taunted him over his alleged affair with a teammate's girlfriend.
5) ... so we knew that the best way to keep his temper in check was to avoid the tube/trains as much as possible.
6) Wolverine was the dark brooding sociopath who couldn't keep his temper in check.
7) Do not demand answers in an aggressive tone. Keep your temper. The golden rule of all interviewing is to be polite but persistent.
8) ... your way but you are advised not to do anything in excess. Keep your temper and impulsiveness well under control.
9) ... you can learn how to express your feelings in healthier ways and keep your temper from hijacking your life.
10) ... online business you always have to be calm and you have to keep your temper.
11) We really do want to help you. But try and keep your temper away from the agent. We are just the messenger -- your wayward technician in ...
12) Do you struggle to keep your temper with your family? What resolutions work for you?
13) ... times in desperation over the last few hours; Lord, help me keep my temper, help me know what it means to love this angry little girl right now.
14) ... overreacted and at times like this, it's more important that I keep my temper so I can continue with my work.
15) worried that I wont be able to keep my temper even though I know it's not his fault.
16) I've done a lot to try to keep my temper. I don't let myself get too hungry or too cold.
17) I was able to keep my temper enough that I did not run to the back of the room and fight the ...
18) Mahoun kept his temper, and contented himself with reproaching Brian for his recklessness.
19) She then took the next five minutes taking deep breaths, trying to keep her temper. She failed badly.
20) ... grouchier and harder to live with. The woman has to learn to keep her temper a lot more if there is to be any peace.