"to kick someone around"
to be unkind, rough, unfair, disrespectful or mean to someone
Related words and phrases:
The big story in the news today is about a politician who was caught stealing money from campaign funds.
Sonia: Did you hear about that idiot politician?
Frank: It's unbelievable! How could a man in such a position of trust be so stupid and greedy?
Sonia: I know! I also heard that he is having an affair.
Frank: What a pig!
Sonia and Frank are kicking the politician around.
John spent most of his years in junior high school being bullied. All the other kids would tease John and call him names. The other kids would play pranks on John and torment him relentlessly. John was a small child and never fought back. John was always the last child chosen when teams were being picked for sports and games.
Before John entered high school, he told himself that he was going to start fighting back. John told himself,
"I'm not going to let them kick me around anymore."
Kicking people around isn't a very nice thing to do.
1) I kick the weak guy around when I am upset.
2) You kick your friend around when you are feeling mean.
3) He kicks his wife around when he drinks too much.
4) She kicks the new employee around when the new employee doesn't listen to instructions.
5) We kick the worst player around when he makes a bad play.
6) You (all) kick the bad celebrity around when the celebrity is caught in an indiscretion.
7) They kick each of their friends around in turn.
8) Are you (all) kicking the new guy around right now?
9) Have you kicked the new guy around?
10) Have you been kicking the new guy around since he started working here?
11) Did they kick the corrupt politician around yesterday?
12) Were you kicking the corrupt politician around when the news announced his innocence?
13) Are you going to kick the loser around tomorrow?
14) Will she be kicking the loser around all next week?
15) Are you going to have kicked the loser around by the end of next week?
16) Do you kick your friend around when you are feeling mean?
17) Does he kick his wife around when he drinks too much?
18) Does she kick the new employee around when the new employee doesn't listen to instructions?
19) Do we kick the worst player around when he makes a bad play?
20) Do they kick each of their friends around in turn?