"to kick the bucket"
to break, fail or give out
Related words and phrases:
Two cousins are chatting over coffee ...
Cousin 1: How are you? How's life? I haven't seen you in a couple of years.
Cousin 2: I'm doing OK. I guess you didn't hear about Grandma Jean?
Cousin 1: No. What happened?
Cousin 2: She kicked the bucket last year.
Cousin 1: I'm sorry to hear that.
Two friends are catching up ...
Friend 1: How have you been doing?
Friend 2: Pretty good. And you?
Friend 1: Same.
Friend 2: How is your old muscle car running?
Friend 1: Oh, it kicked the bucket last year.
Friend 2: What happened?
Friend 1: I was racing it and I blew the engine.
Kicking the bucket means that someone is dead.
1) I kick the bucket when death comes.
2) My television kicks the bucket when it no longer works.
3) He has been kicking the bucket since life support was removed.
4) The washing machine was kicking the bucket when suddenly it started working just fine.
5) Was she kicking the bucket when a miracle occurred?
6) He had kicked the bucket before Sam arrived.
7) The computer will kick the bucket soon.
8) Is he going to be kicking the bucket all night?
9) You know things are bad when your confession causes a priest to kick the bucket.
10) Your bucket list is a list of the things you want to do, be or have before you kick the bucket.
11) Of course I'll probably kick the bucket first but you never know!
12) I'm going to see if I can get a book of poetry published before I kick the bucket.
13) I thought I might kick the bucket first, but I am glad to get this medal.
14) What's really touching is that this film actually focuses on the second phase of life rather than killing time before you kick the bucket.
15) I had no knowledge of Vinod Mehta being so sick as to kick the bucket so suddenly.
16) Since I was a baby, she's sworn numerous times that she would kick the bucket any day.
17) Ever wonder when you might kick the bucket?
18) Chances are his twin character Arthur, will either kick the bucket early on or turn out to be the evil one.
19) Let's face it, she's a ticking time bomb of emotion, and dollars to donuts she's gonna kick the bucket before the show is over.
20) How should I invest this for maximum return before I kick the bucket?