"to knock it off"
to stop doing or saying something
Related words and phrases:
One friend is teasing another ...
Friend 1: I saw you with Sally yesterday. Were you going to kiss her? Do you like her? Is she your girlfriend?
Friend 2: Stop teasing me!
Friend 1: Jason and Sally up in a tree; K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Jason pushing a baby carriage.
Friend 2: Knock it off already!
Two colleagues are gossiping at work ...
Colleague 1: Did you hear about Carl?
Colleague 2: No. What?
Colleague 1: I hear he got caught in the photocopy room making a copy of his butt.
Boss: OK. Knock the gossip off and get back to work.
Knocking off playing loud music will make your neighbors happy.
1) So, I need a way to tell them to back off and knock it off, but in a polite way. Ideas?
2) Is this article written in 1999? Come on people, knock it off already, stop talking about social like its a cure for cancer.
3) I think you're ignoring context. Knock it off with that "dense on purpose" stuff.
4) And you're trying to shut us up. Knock it off. And try listening to what we have to say for a change.
5) Would you knock it off regarding Obama and Ayers. Geeze, it's so boring.
6) It's natures way of telling us, "Hey stupid, knock it off, go find another hobby."
7) Thanks. I use the good ole threat, knock it off, or Santa's gonna bring you reindeer poop.
8) Going on a date. Another one. Another one. Telling myself to knock it off. Stop being so self indulgent. Falling in love.
9) Not to mention his inevitable stay in Twitter jail if he doesn't knock it off.
10) Both of you, knock it off, right now!
11) Knock it off. Don't be so dramatic.
12) A divine power telling you to knock it off and not be such a judger.
13) They all, from the top down need to knock it off. Just shut up and do the job.
14) There are thousands of Obama supporters just like me!!! So, knock it off, already -- you're demeaning your side!
15) The deputy ordered them to knock it off and they weren't hit with any additional charges.
16) Knock it off. Lets talk about important things like Benghazi, Petreaus and so forth.
17) I would try to politely tell him to knock it off and he would never listen.
18) Both sides should knock it off, especially because each is guilty of invoking what they clearly intend as ...
19) Why don't you knock it off?
20) Okay. Okay. I get the message. Now knock it off!