"lap of luxury"
very comfortable conditions because you have a lot of money
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you heard? Our CEO has been offered the job of CEO of the biggest retailer on the planet. His signing bonus will be twenty million dollars, not to mention all the other perks like stock options and bonuses and a huge salary.
Colleague 2: That would allow the CEO to continue living in the lap of luxury, just as he is accustomed to.
Colleague 1: Do you suppose he ever gets bored with his mansions and sports cars, yachts and private jets?
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You won't believe what just happened to me.
Friend 2: Tell me.
Friend 1: I just won two hundred and seventy million dollars in the lottery.
Friend 2: That is amazing and will put you straight into the lap of luxury. You can live however you choose now. You can have serving staff and a pool. You can eat whatever foods you want. Lucky you.
Living in the lap of luxury requires a lot of money or resources.
1) ... to live on only the ODSP benefits is not living in the lap of luxury. The cost of living in most communities of Ontario far exceeds the ...
2) These folks aren't living in the lap of luxury at our consumerist society leads us to believe we should.
3) ... teachers unions in winning such compensation over the years. No teacher lives in the lap of luxury. But they've managed to win a modestly secure lifestyle in return ...
4) Enjoy fresh mountain air and experience the lap of luxury during a pleasant afternoon in Lake Louise.
5) ... and his position will guarantee him and his family live in the lap of luxury their entire lives at our expense.
6) So, while some of us starve, others live in the lap of luxury, all in the name of competition.
7) Brought up in the lap of luxury as the king's son but insecure about his illegitimate status and anxious ...
8) ... be told my pension is gold plated and that we're now living in the lap of luxury. Neither of which is true.
9) ... people at the top of the religious hierarchies to keep themselves worshipped and in the lap of luxury at the expense of the gullible masses.
10) He initially grew up in the lap of luxury while his father was appointed vice-premier, ...
11) ... portraying his millionaire opponent living in the lap of luxury, while he gave much of his own salary to the needy.
12) I'm not exactly living in the lap of luxury right now so it's not like I'm spoiled.
13) We've paid literally billions to keep this woman and her family in the lap of luxury with our taxes.
14) Please don't let them get fat and soft living in the lap of luxury.
15) Are you suggesting that people living in damp or rat-infested houses are living in the lap of luxury?
16) Accommodation can vary from simple, comfortable tented camps to the lap of luxury in intimate lodges.
17) They are sipping expensive booze and laughing with their grandchildren, in lap of luxury as sumptuous as the hell they hopefully fall into will be hot.
18) ... see another group with all the money they could ever hope for basking in the lap of luxury complaining that they pay too many taxes.
19) Michael ended up in the lap of luxury and Trevor ended up in the desert, in a trailer, and ...
20) Of course, poor Americans do not live in the lap of luxury. The poor clearly struggle to make ends meet.