"to lay eyes on"
to look at;
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Can you give me hand with this report?
Colleague 2: Which one?
Colleague 1: This one.
Colleague 2: I've never laid eyes on that report before. How can I help?
Colleague 1: I suppose that if you have never seen the report, you can't help. Thanks anyways.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you seen Elliot lately?
Friend 2: I saw him the other day, why?
Friend 1: Well, since I lent him a hundred dollars and he hasn't paid me back, he has been avoiding me.
Friend 2: Poor Elliot when you lay eyes on him.
Friend 1: Indeed. I'm going to berate him severely.
Laying eyes on the document he was looking for, he sighed in relief.
1) It was what we all expected the Wii Remote to do when we first laid eyes on Nintendo's concept trailer.
2) It was the first time he had laid eyes on her since college.
3) As the story goes, Broadwell and Petraeus first laid eyes on each other in 2006.
4) To date, those two men are the only human beings who have laid eyes on the Mariana Trench sea floor.
5) He has not laid eyes on her in over a decade, her exact whereabouts unknown to him.
6) I knew Obama was a dishonest person when I first laid eyes on him.
7) Then the realization did come, and the second I laid eyes on it, my stomach fell. I knew what I saw and did ...
8) All I know is that from the moment I laid eyes on her, she was my Judy.
9) I wasn't a dog or cat person until I laid eyes on my fluff pup!
10) It looked much different when I first laid eyes on it than it does now.
11) ... also has the ability to make people fall in love with him the moment they lay eyes on him.
12) So, more people than I will ever actually physically lay eyes on in my entire lifetime have access to more information about me ...
13) After much impatient waiting, wish-listing and rumour-mongering, now comes the time to lay eyes on the real deal.
14) His beautiful smile will win your heart the minute you lay eyes on him.
15) Some companies use an online screening tool to assess candidates before they lay eyes on the candidate or their resume.
16) All will pale by comparison after you finally lay eyes on Peter Jackson's visionary masterpiece.
17) There are few words one can use when you first lay eyes on Yasawa Island Resort and it's beach.
18) We are most fortunate that we have even the opportunity to lay eyes on Buddha and the blessings to have Rinpoche teach us, ...
19) ... just one of the many integrated design features that make this vehicle so exciting to lay eyes on.
20) It was like the inner children in us resurrected as soon as we lay eyes on our favorite movie characters from Kung Fu Panda.