"to take a leap of faith"
to do something for which the outcome is unknown;
to do or believe in something or someone even when the circumstances are not visible or touchable
Related words and phrases:
Ronald is a gambler. He has won money but he has lost much more. Ronald knows that his gambling has become a problem in his life when he realizes that he has no money and that his work is suffering. Ronald knows that he must go on the wagon and quit gambling but he can not imagine a life without gambling. Ronald is so addicted to gambling that he can not see how it is even possible to quit. Ronald needs to...
take a leap of faith
and just believe that he can quit and that there is a life after gambling.
Bob has been an accountant most of his life. He has made a good life with a nice house and family. Bob has always wanted to be an artist. Bob has always wanted to make beautiful sculpture but Bob has been afraid to change careers and risk everything. Perhaps Bob needs to...
take a leap of faith...
and trust that the universe will bring him what he needs.
Taking a leap of faith can require bravery (or foolishness).
1) I take a leap of faith whenever I am uncertain about an outcome.
2) You take a leap of faith when you change careers.
3) He takes a leap of faith when he needs to make a major lifestyle change.
4) She takes a leap of faith when she believes in a positive outcome.
5) The squirrel takes a leap of faith when it does not know what is next.
6) We take a leap of faith when we are faced with the unknown.
7) You (all) take a leap of faith when you (all) trust your friends.
8) They take a leap of faith if they can not discover the correct path.
9) There comes a time when you have to take a leap of faith.
10) It was a crazy leap of faith! I had nothing going for me. I had no money.
11) This is one area where you may have to take a leap of faith that trusted individuals are more effective at communicating than lengthy documented plans.
12) Somebody's got to take that leap of faith.
13) These entrepreneurs can boast that they became their own boss, and took a leap of faith.
14) Doing great things often requires a person to take a risk or take a leap of faith.
15) That is when I had to take a leap of faith and begin a journey into the unknown.
16) I decided it was time to take the leap of faith and launch my own company.
17) The guts to initiate empowers us to take a leap of faith despite an uncertain future.
18) It's just a matter of reaching out, and taking that initial leap of faith.
19) As I pointed out in my first reply, atheism is as much a leap of faith as is religion.
20) She took a leap of faith, chose life, and dealt with the worst case scenario.