"to leave (someone or something) alone"
to stop bothering, annoying or interrupting someone or something
Related words and phrases:
An employee and an intern are talking ...
Intern: Can you take a look at this for me please?
Employee: That's the tenth time you've asked me today. The interruptions are getting a little annoying.
Intern: But I need help.
Employee: That's fine but why not save all your questions and then ask them all at once.
Intern: Thanks. I'll do that and leave you alone.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I can't get my lawnmower to start again.
Friend 2: It's probably flooded.
Friend 1: What should I do?
Friend 2: Leave it alone for fifteen minutes to allow the fuel to dissipate and then try to start it again.
Friend 1: Thanks.
Leaving your girlfriend alone when she is starting to get annoyed is a good idea.
1) Leave me alone and go home, you stalker!
2) I told her I didn't want to. I wanted her to leave me alone.
3) I used to be so hard to get, and he would not leave me alone.
4) All you have to do is leave them alone for awhile and they would recover on their own.
5) Let them be -- leave them alone. Then they'll go to sleep at a normal time.
6) So why don't you let your contract just expire and leave it alone until you feel the need to upgrade?
7) It all stems from his personality, again - leave it alone for now, that's a dead horse.
8) But then leave him alone and trust him to do the job you've asked of him.
9) His friend said he was fine, to just leave him alone.
10) I asked for his autograph. He could have told us to leave him alone, but he took his time to sign his autograph.
11) Leave him alone, he isn't doing you any harm.
12) No, I won't leave you alone, you evil man! I've got to expose you to the world for ...
13) Mr. Green let me just ask you once more and then I'll leave you alone.
14) And life won't leave you alone but will eventually present you with new challenges that activate you.
15) Go back where you came from. Leave us alone.
16) It's not simply about us leaving you alone. You won't leave us alone! You will not let us just hold our religious beliefs and keep to ourselves
17) We told them to leave us alone, and keep away from us.
18) ... anonymous, told the Daily News. Later on they wouldn't leave her alone about it. They just kept bullying her and bullying her.
19) Oh come on. She paid for it. Leave her alone. Why people think they have a right to comment on other's clothing is ...
20) Fully rested, and with an obsessive-compulsive inability to leave things alone, after a six month break I gave it another go.