"(to be) left out in the cold"
to be shunned;
to be excluded from a place or activity
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The entire enterprise team is meeting in the conference room. What are you doing out here?
Colleague 2: I was not invited. After that huge mistake I made last week, no one will even talk to me.
Colleague 1: One mistake and you are left out in the cold?
Colleague 2: What can I do about it?
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: So, what did government social services say?
Friend 2: They said that there weren't any social programs for an individual with my particular set of life challenges.
Friend 1: So you are just left out in the cold?
Friend 2: As far as the government is concerned, yes. But I will keep looking for a program that can help me.
Being left out in the cold by your supposed friends does not make someone feel very good.
1) And I might be rejected and despised and humiliated and left alone out in the cold hungry, sick and in danger, ...
2) ... are becoming forced sellers and the demand for bonds has left equities out in the cold.
3) Don't be left standing out in the cold when after a bit of practise you too could pull off the hottest look around ...
4) Is it an accident that the unemployed have been left completely out in the cold like this this? Possibly, but it's a total disgrace even so.
5) ... had to become an outlaw because the system left him out in the cold against powerful local people.
6) ... strict controls imposed by the World Bank left culture out in the cold as government cut subsidies, sold off cinemas to private owners and dismantled support systems ...
7) Some women believe they will be left financially out in the cold in the event of a divorce.
8) ... don't work enough to qualify, who have been left completely out in the cold.
9) You don't want to be left out in the cold, not knowing how to take care of your precious animals.
10) These 47% will be left out in the cold with nothing.
11) ... to find a date, he's worried he'll be left out in the cold on the big night.
12) ... how do we reintegrate those who will otherwise be left out in the cold?
13) Left-handed golfers have been left out in the cold when it comes to help with their swing.
14) I don't feel left out in the cold, or disfranchised.
15) ... out into the lobby, possibly feeling sorry for those left out in the cold. They scanned us and declared that we weren't too much trouble.
16) ... but teachers feel they've been left out in the cold in a reform process that has put her members on the defensive.
17) ... is the future and you'd better embrace it or be left out in the cold with the Dodo bird.
18) ... suffers from severe mental retardation or some other disability should be left out in the cold with no food, shelter of medical care?
19) This means that there are inevitably people left out in the cold -- those who want to buy your products or services, but are unable to ...
20) Those companies that don't embrace it will be left out in the cold.