"to lend a hand"
to help someone
Related words and phrases:
Mark and Randy are neighbors. They live in the same apartment building on the same floor. One day Mark arrives at the door to his apartment and sees Randy down the hall. Randy is struggling with a large cardboard box trying to move it into his apartment ...
Mark: Hey Randy, how's it going?
Randy: Great, thanks, just trying to get my new TV into my apartment.
Mark: Can I lend you a hand?
Randy: Thanks, I could use the help.
Kim and Stacy are in Junior High School. They have an important Math exam tomorrow morning. They are talking on the telephone ...
Kim: I'm really worried about the Math exam tomorrow.
Stacy: I think it will be easy. I really like Math.
Kim: Maybe for you, but I find Math so difficult.
Stacy: Do you want me to come over and lend you a hand with studying?
Kim: Thanks, Stacy. I could sure use the help.
Lending someone a hand can be considered a nice thing to do.
1) I lend my neighbor a hand when he asks for my help.
2) You lend me a hand when you see me struggling.
3) He lends a hand helping at the soup kitchen.
4) She lends me a hand because she likes to help.
5) Charity X lends a hand to other charities when necessary.
6) We lend a hand to charities that need volunteers.
7) You (all) lend a hand to the survivors of the tsunami because it is the correct thing to do.
8) They lend a hand to old people who need help crossing the street.
9) I'm willing to lend a hand if I can.
10) This child has to lend a hand whether he or she likes it or not.
11) Maybe you could have someone lend a hand with that so that you can rest a bit.
12) All of them lend a hand taking in the hay during the summer months.
13) Stay in front of the pack by building your personal brand, lending a hand to junior auditors, and developing excellent relationships with top tier clients.
14) Young people get a buzz out of lending a hand, said Santana. It's about contributing, connecting, supporting.
15) I don't mind and, in fact, enjoy lending a hand.
16) It is a system aimed at lending a hand to the smaller clubs.
17) A good friend from Fujian Province has lended a hand with a hundred thousand Chinese Yuan.
18) People down on their luck will vote if lended a hand from service providers they trust.
19) And as he lends a hand, he is also relying on the support of his family.
20) Stepping Stones is a local organization that lends a hand to teenagers experiencing homelessness.