"to lie like a dog"
to lie outrageously, boldly or brazenly
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You are not even half finished the report. Why did you lie like a dog to the boss and tell him that it was finished?
Colleague 2: I didn't want to get into trouble.
Colleague 1: And what happens tomorrow when the boss expects the report and it is not ready?
Colleague 2: I will work all night and get it ready.
Colleague 1: And even if you can finish the report by tomorrow, do you not think that the boss will recognize a rush job and know that you had been brazenly lying?
A couple are talking ...
Girlfriend: I thought you told me that you were too busy to see me over the weekend?
Boyfriend: I was. I stayed home and worked all weekend.
Girlfriend: Then why did Gina see you at the bar Saturday night?
Boyfriend: She is lying like a dog. I absolutely did not go out Saturday night.
Girlfriend: Why would Gina lie like that? Maybe you are lying to me.
Boyfriend: I have no idea why Gina would tell such an egregious lie but I can guarantee that I worked all weekend. I can even show you my work.
Lying like a dog to save his job, he told the boss that the report was finished when actually he had not even started it.
1) The militants are lying like a dog when they claim such radical social engineering changes will impact no one.
2) You grow up and discover your parents were lying like a dog about the tooth fairy; the Easter Bunny was a canard; and Santa was ...
3) Who do we trust when we know they are lying like a dog about the financial bubble they ALLOWED to happen.
4) I'm going to say this can't be done without him lying like a dog. There is no additional money ANYWHERE.
5) ... was just dead wrong. At worst, he was lying like a dog and he knew it.
6) Either that, or he's making it all up, lying like a dog and using a team of researchers coupled with a talent for cold reading to dupe ...
7) ... at which point the developers and manufacturers can either lie like a dog and pretend that their older devices can cope, or they can make sensible cut-off ...
8) Doctors will lie like a dog in order to pass the blame onto an RN.
9) ... but can you still respect people who is down right dishonest and lie like a dog?
10) ... as he lied like a dog and told a story that his last scripts had been lost in a natural disaster.
11) ... lied like a dog, in the face of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary, ...
12) When Bill Clinton was caught in a sex scandal, he lied like a dog until they came up with the DNA.
13) The fact their "expert witness" lied like a dog, lied in their witness statement and got their facts wrong didn't help their ...
14) How they lied. People, who should be trusted, lied like a dog. Yesterday the vindication began with an apology from ...
15) To get their commissions they lied like a dog and told the desperate Irish they would have houses to live in, seed to ...
16) This cheat acted as a hardened criminal and continued to lie like a dog even during the hearings.
17) ... or lie like a dog and hope not to get caught... just remember a lie can always come back ...
18) ... taught me lots of stuff, how to be cunning, how to lie like a dog and beat any polygraph test, ...
19) ... what's more important-owning up and admitting you were wrong, or lying like a dog in order to save a few quid?
20) ... where he lies like a dog and embarrass himself and all of his disciples.