with complete regularity and precision
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What time is it?
Colleague 2: It is exactly nine-fifteen.
Colleague 1: How can you be that precise? You did not even look at your watch.
Colleague 2: Because every morning like clockwork, the boss leaves her office and gets a cup of coffee.
Colleague 1: Every morning at exactly nine-fifteen?
Colleague 2: I have watched her do it for the last five years and without fail, nine-fifteen every morning.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I heard that you organized your daughter's wedding last month. How did it go?
Friend 2: Perfectly. Like clockwork. The venue was ready on schedule. The caterers did their job perfectly. All the guests arrived on time. Everything went extremely well. No problems at all.
Friend 1: Good for you. Glad to hear it.
There is no gerund form for like clockwork.
1) ... you should be the A-Team of hiring and your processes should be running like clockwork.
2) Recessions happen, usually like clockwork.
3) ... had to perform two delicate lifts of this 8.5-tonne structure, which have gone like clockwork thanks to a superb team effort.
4) ... going to be a run of the mill correction. They tend to happen like clockwork about every 35-45 days.
5) I want to pay tribute to Honda, whose power units ran like clockwork all weekend.
6) The three-day event runs like clockwork every time, and is deemed a huge success by sponsors, partners, competitors ...
7) ... can carry them out like clockwork with 100% efficiency ...
8) ... but when people know and are aware of their roles things move along like clockwork.
9) ... major alternations show that the fault has ruptured regularly in the past - not like clockwork but not randomly or in clusters as is observed on some other faults.
10) The engine re-ignited approximately 26 minutes after liftoff, switching on and off like clockwork for a one-minute burn to deliver JCSAT 14 into a highly elliptical geostationary ...
11) Every woman's cycle is different: Some are like clockwork, and some are wildly unpredictable.
12) Everything went like clockwork, everything that we wanted to happen, happened to the standard that ...
13) My runner's high arrives, like clockwork, forty minutes after I begin running ...
14) ... 32-year-old mother is the epitome of an old-fashioned wife, ensuring the house runs like clockwork. Still, there's one daily ritual she adamantly refuses to take part in ...
15) Every other year for the past decade or so, like clockwork, there's been a new Resident Evil movie.
16) First comes ballooning costs and schedule slippage, and then, like clockwork, the United States begins to have difficulty coming up with the money it promised.
17) The urban poor are the invisible people who keep our lives running like clockwork.
18) ... you watch the same set over and over and it feels like clockwork. It feels like watching someone do their job and do it well.
19) Make it a process, not a task. Stick to it like clockwork and your sales will do the same for you.
20) As the years went on, like clockwork, I would put aside one weekend a year, ...