"like it or lump it"
to rudely inform someone that they have to accept a situation whether they like it or not
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't believe that we are supposed to just accept a ten percent pay cut.
Colleague 2: Like it or lump it, the company is in trouble. Would you rather accept a pay cut or lose your job?
Colleague 1: Well, since I really need this job, I suppose I will just have to accept it.
A mother is talking with her child ...
Child: But I don't like this food.
Mother: Too bad. It is all there is. Like it or lump it, you will sit there and finish your meal.
Child: And if I don't?
Mother: You will be sitting there all night.
There is no gerund form for like it or lump it.
1) ... and table a budget saying, "Like it or lump it, this is the way it's going to be".
2) Sir, that's all we have this season, like it or lump it.
3) ... what's happening and you have no say in the matter, like it or lump it'. Harldy a genuine negotiation where both parties were happy at the outcome.
4) ... not my rules but it is part of football now like it or lump it.
5) Like it or lump it, coal will remain the main fuel for world electricity production with international trade ...
6) Like it or lump it, that is what it is.
7) That's just you, and people can like it or lump it. It's your life.
8) And that is my general out look on life..... Like it or lump it kind of attitude. I don't mean for that to sound bad mannered ...
9) ... but to leave now, they are now being told to "like it or lump it". Not a nice phrase..... not a nice thing to be told ...
10) Finally, 'like it or lump it' describes a way of leadership decision making that is unilateral, non-consultative, ...
11) ... presented with a fait accompli which effectively says to them, "Like it or lump it".... promises were made in the past, after all, and we ...
12) That is just a fact. A plain and simple fact. Like it or lump it.
13) ... to tell Kirsty he's going to the party and she can like it or lump it. Will he put his foot down?
14) ... some handy evidence for dissident republicans that nothing has changed. Like it or lump it, the constitutional question is at the heart of politics here.
15) It is your wedding, you set the rules and people can either like it or lump it, you wouldn't tell them who to invite to their wedding so they ...
16) This is not passive read & take it, like it or lump it: this is interactivity.
17) ... smokers like myself will choose to or choose not to smoke. Like it or lump it.
18) Social media is the future, like it or lump it.
19) Like it or lump it, you simply can not ignore Facebook and the power it draws.
20) ... and those who object must like it or lump it. They don't need to leave.