very fast or hard or much or many or ...
Related words and phrases:
Two businesswomen are talking ...
Businesswoman 1: Have you got that report ready for Monday's meeting?
Businesswoman 2: I have been working like mad but I'm only about half finished.
Businesswoman 1: Well, I suppose that you will have to continue working like mad over the weekend to finish.
Businesswoman 2: Yes, I will cancel all my plans and do nothing but work this weekend so that I can finish the report.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: Where's Cynthia? She's going to be late for the exam.
Student 2: I saw her running like mad to catch a bus this morning.
Student 1: Well, I hope she ran fast enough to catch it.
Student 2: Me too. She really can't afford to miss the exam.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How are you doing with your new job?
Friend 2: I can't seem to get caught up.
Friend 1: Are you working hard?
Friend 2: Hard? I work very hard. In fact, I go like mad every day and still can't seem to get all the work done.
Friend 1: Well, keep trying.
A husband and wife are talking after getting home from work ...
Husband: How was your day?
Wife: Not the best day ever.
Husband: What happened?
Wife: The new sales figures came out and they weren't so good. The boss called a meeting and then just yelled like mad for ten minutes.
Husband: He doesn't sound like a very nice boss.
Going like mad down the freeway is a great way to have an accident.
1) And, obviously, at zero percent tax rates, everyone will work like mad, but you still won't get any revenue.
2) Apparently, his network execs are pushing like mad to get him going, filming this next season.
3) We heard this tremendous blast, and the cab shook like mad.
4) The government and the opposition are spinning like mad and putting out all these videos on YouTube.
5) I waved like mad, hoping she'd know our eyes had met.
6) The damn fool dog stood in the middle of the open glade barking like mad at... at nothing.
7) Our doorbell was ringing like mad.
8) But he believed that you should plan like mad, not because the plans will work, but because you will be so disciplined.
9) Revenue has grown like mad.
10) She's drinking like mad again.
11) Writing like mad. He can hardly stop.
12) I sit on the floor with large pieces of paper and start diagramming like mad.
13) Find your people, find your topic, write like mad and make something your proud of.
14) I've been applying like mad for just about a year straight.
15) At seven months old, she is not only crawling around like mad, but standing up and balancing on her own!
16) China, by contrast, is investing like mad in world-class universities and research centers.
17) Allergies, for example, can make dogs itch like mad.
18) Finally all our student loans are paid off and we are saving like mad for retirement.
19) And suddenly everyone in the almost-full bus was shouting agreement and clapping like mad!
20) In one instant the crowd that had been yelling like mad became so silent that a pin could have been heard fall to the floor.