"the lion's share"
Related words and phrases:
Two female friends are talking about their home lives ...
Friend 1: How's it going?
Friend 2: OK, I guess. I'm feeling a little tired.
Friend 1: Sorry to hear that. Why are you feeling tired.
Friend 2: I do most of the housework and I am finding it to be a lot of work.
Friend 1: Oh, your husband doesn't help around the house?
Friend 2: He does a few chores but I do the lion's share of the work.
Friend 1: Too bad. It would be better if you two shared the work.
Tom and Matt are talking about Matt's older brother Jeff ...
Tom: Where's Jeff tonight?
Matt: Oh, he's out on another date.
Tom: He sure attracts a lot of girls.
Matt: Jeff has always had the lion's share of girls. I've only had a couple of girlfriends.
Tom: Well, Jeff is the quarterback of the football team. It is to be expected that he would attract far more girls than you.
Matt: I suppose.
Having the lion's share probably means that you earned it.
1) I get the lion's share of desserts after supper.
2) You always eat the lion's share of the chow mein when we order Chinese.
3) He finds the lion's share of the mistakes in submitted reports.
4) She buys the lion's share of shoes when we go shopping.
5) Company A sells the lion's share of cell phones.
6) We receive the lion's share of penalties.
7) You (all) get the lion's share of good students.
8) They win the lion's share of games.
9) Has Company A been selling the lion's share of cell phones since the new style was introduced?
10) Were you doing the lion's share of the work when help arrived?
11) Though we still have more to tackle, the lion 's share has been addressed.
12) We expect Apple to maintain the lion 's share of the growing tablet market.
13) If it happens, the guy receiving the lion 's share of the credit will be Howard.
14) Since royalties typically range 10 to 15 percent, the publisher walks away the the lion 's share of the profits (and expenses).
15) In addition to her gross salary, her employer must pay the lion 's share of her healthcare insurance premiums.
16) I predict that the lion 's share of this -- maybe 75% -- will be allocated to apps like Care4Today.
17) The president must shoulder the lion 's share of the blame.
18) Their state politicians help themselves to the lion 's share of our tax dollars to subsidize healthcare, education and infrastructure.
19) The red wines of Bordeaux receive the lion 's share of the attention, but the whites can be quite worthy.
20) It's easy for people to make their own records and not give up the lion 's share.