"to live and let live"
to live without interference from other people;
to not interfere with the lives of other people
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Is Jamie wearing a kilt? There is no way that is part of our professional office dress code.
Colleague 2: Live and let live. Who is it hurting?
Colleague 1: Perhaps that sort of tolerance is OK in a person's private life but this is a professional office and we do have a dress code so wearing a kilt is simply not acceptable.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Abigail is always off gallivanting every weekend. When is she going to get serious about her life?
Friend 2: Why is that any of your business? People have a right to live their lives as they choose. Perhaps you might just live and let live. Does Abigail criticize you about your stogy, boring life?
Friend 1: No, she doesn't. She lives and lets live. I will try to be more relaxed in my attitudes towards others.
Living and letting live is often the attitude of a permissive person.
1) ... saw the world very differently and with equal functional validity. 'Live and let live' began to be a widely adopted attitude among people.
2) Most atheists take a "live and let live" attitude. Unless questioned, they will not usually mention their atheism.
3) ... remark about people not using certain expressions was a bit harsh. Live and let live, you know?
4) Most people are perfectly nice about it and adhere to a "live and let live" position toward our vegetarianism.
5) I think we should all just leave gay people alone. Live and let live. If they're making a mistake that's their choice to make it.
6) How is it affecting your life? Its not. I say live and let live. Theres absolutely no reason for all the hatred/meanness/ugliness towards her.
7) I'm a libertarian on social issues (live and let live), and a liberal on economic ones.
8) In general, I think people are more "live and let live" than before--especially the majority of GenXers and younger.
9) They think of themselves as being mellow and tolerant. "Live and let live" is their attitude. # Being tolerant and nonjudgmental can be good traits, ...
10) And ours is a religion of tolerance, acceptance, live and let live and respecting all over religions.
11) I am all about personal responsibility and live and let live, when it comes to things like legalization of marijuana or gay marriage.
12) ... is judgemental and offensive no matter what the group. Live and let live, people.
13) I do have friends of different faiths and none. Live and let live, within reason like.
14) ... a sense of kinship with fellow-ceatures; a wish to live and let live; a sense of wonder over the magnitude and duration of the biotic enterprise.
15) His watchword is, Live and let live. He takes things as they are; he submits to them all, as ...
16) ... as they are not bothering us we should leave them alone! Live and let live!
17) This level is epitomized by the phrase, "live and let live." It's flexible, relaxed, and unattached.
18) ... but it doesn't effect me so I live and let live.
19) If the fundamentalists were minding their own business, taking a live and let live attitude towards the rest of us, I wouldn't give them a second thought.
20) Live and let live is much more desirable to me than "do this my way".