"to look after"
to be responsible for something or someone
Related words and phrases:
Your friends are going to go for a holiday for the next two weeks. Your friends have asked you if you would take responsibility for caring for their pet cat. You are supposed to stop at their home two times a day to give the cat food and water and spend some time playing with their cat.
Your friends have asked you to look after their cat.
Michelle is a very successful woman of means. She is very good at her job.
Michelle's Boss: Michelle, we are expecting a prospective client to visit the offices today. These are very important people. We could make a very big sale.
Michelle: Would you like me to be involved?
Michelle's Boss: Yes, please look after them.
Looking after your car means taking responsibility for routine maintenance and washing.
1) I look after all my responsibilities.
2) You look after your car when you take your car to the mechanic regularly.
3) He looks after his clothes by caring for them carefully.
4) She looks after her shoes by shining them every day.
5) The company looks after its employees by giving good benefits.
6) We look after our pets by taking them to the veterinarian regularly.
7) You (all) look after your computers when you (all) scan for viruses.
8) They look after the house by doing regular maintenance.
9) I will always be there to look after you.
10) Topsy said she'd always be there for me, to protect me and look after me.
11) I teach them how to look after themselves.
12) Some pets like to look after and nurture their owners.
13) There are several houses of elderly couples or widows and we look after them.
14) At the moment it feels like people are too busy to look after their aged relatives.
15) Having attended day care with his sister, Eric wonders who will look after him there, now that his sister is old enough to go to school.
16) Liza said she didn't always look after her health.
17) Why is it suddenly your responsibility to look after her kids?
18) I am currently engaged at higher learning campuses where my role is to look after the network.
19) The child with the larger and more fully developed brain was looked after by its mother.
20) I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.