"to look like a drowned rat"
to look very wet and cold
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: That was quite a downpour and just as I was walking from the subway to the office. Now I'm soaking wet and cold.
Colleague 2: You do look like a bit of a drowned rat. Maybe you could use the hand dryer in the washroom to dry off and warm up a little.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: This hunting trip is not exactly working out as we planned.
Friend 2: No kidding. I'm wet and cold and we haven't even seen a rabbit.
Friend 1: Well, you do look like a drowned rat. Let's head back to the cabin.
Looking like a drowned rat after being caught in the storm, I stumbled home.
1) ... able to walk around outside for long periods of time, without feeling like a drowned rat.
2) ... burning your feet on hot sand and coming out of the water looking like a drowned rat.
3) ... going to be in it while on my way to places where looking like a drowned rat on arrival is a no no.
4) ... the mirror, wearing a grey jumper and black trousers, looking like a drab drowned rat.
5) He wasn't going to create a good first impression looking like a drowned rat though he firmly believed in the adage about appearance not being everything.
6) Why turn up to work like a drowned rat, when you can get there in the warm and relative comfort of your ...
7) On coming home in that drowned rat kind of state, my first instinct was to get into dry clothes.
8) Not only that I looked like a drowned rat with my wet mop top stuck to my face and I had forgotten I ...
9) Nothing looks or makes you feel worse than arriving at work looking like a drowned rat!
10) ... to be some kind of hard nut if you are standing there looking like a drowned rat!
11) ... the hand dryers in the nearest McDonald's toilets in a fruitless attempt at avoiding the drowned rat look
12) ... met him when he had finally got ashore an hour later he was like a drowned rat, soaked, his glasses steamed up, but with the biggest grin on ...
13) By the time our friend makes it to his important presentation resembling a drowned rat, he's in no fit mental state to "blow them away".
14) ... get wet in Jurassic Park Rapids Ride, the pouring rain further turned us into drowned rat. As if we weren't wet enough ...
15) ... arriving as a drowned rat would not have set the tone for me.
16) Whether it's riding bigger waves, trying new things or just embracing the drowned rat look, don't get disgruntled when you take a tumble.
17) ... poor shivering patient, who, having undergone the immersion, ran about like a drowned rat, squeaking for assistance and revenge.
18) I always thought he looked like a drowned rat before. He looked healthier when he came out.
19) ... predicted, take an umbrella. You don't want to arrive looking like a drowned rat.
20) ... the sheer exhaustion of getting 2-4 hours of sleep a night, feeling like a drowned rat and being pushed to the physical limit, you hit a mental wall.