"to look over"
to review or check something carefully
Related words and phrases:
Two accountants are talking ...
Accountant 1: Have you finished that audit report?
Accountant 2: Yes, I have. I need to ensure that it is all correct before submitting it.
Accountant 1: Do you want me to look it over for you?
Accountant 2: That would be great. That way I can feel confident that the report has been carefully checked before it is submitted.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: What is your usual method for writing exams?
Student 2: I write the exam and then go back to the beginning and look it over thoroughly.
Student 1: Is that so that you find any mistakes you may have made?
Student 2: Yes.
Looking over important documents before signing them is very important.
1) I'll look over the material, and if I feel comfortable with it, I can pass it along.
2) The agent can also look over any contract you are offered, and help you with the terms.
3) Negotiate everything up front, and have an attorney look over your agreement.
4) As I look over my archives, my posts have become more analytically intensive over time.
5) Look over the list below to see if any statements apply to you.
6) Look over her work before letting it through to the audience.
7) I thought I'd go look over their jeans selection.
8) We'll take a look over the first few columns and the feedback you gave us.
9) All that you really need to do is look over the numbers and PPC data.
10) Sit down with your checkbook and look over the last year.
11) Set an afternoon aside to look over your resume or CV.
12) But if you look over the last 10 years, in fact, it has gone up and down.
13) My friend Liz even went out to look over the local residential hospice.
14) Teachers said they didn't have enough time to look over the complicated contract and scheduled another meeting for Tuesday.
15) There should also be an option to have a lawyer look over legal documents for red flags on a cheap, one-off basis.
16) Go back and look over his answers. Something is fishy in Finland.
17) I was glad you took some time to look over this little situation.
18) Moreover, restauranteurs may want a lawyer to look over a lease agreement.
19) When analyzing financial statements, make sure that you look over the most up-to-date financial statements and annual reports.
20) She probably didn't have time to look over the newer stuff properly.