the last few details that need to be finished or explained in order for something to be complete
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Looks like the moving van is loaded and you are ready to go.
Friend 2: I've got a couple of loose ends to take care of.
Friend 1: What's left?
Friend 2: I need to turn off the gas, make sure the doors and windows are locked and leave the keys on the kitchen table.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you ready to head out for the day?
Colleague 2: I've got a couple of loose ends that need attention.
Colleague 1: How long will you be? It would be great if we could get a drink together.
Colleague 2: I just need to make a couple of follow up calls and send a document to the printer.
Colleague 1: That shouldn't take too long. I'll wait for you.
There is no gerund form for loose ends.
1) Since the series ended with a Kudzu Plot, many mysteries unsolved and loose ends, it's particularly jarring.
2) ... as your mind leaps around the problem, connecting it all up and identifying loose ends.
3) We're left with a couple of loose ends but even without those I would be excited about the next instalment.
4) Mission accomplished.) Wrapped up other loose ends, like disconnecting my cable and internet, returning the machines ...
5) ... radio drama did not have a definitive ending, and left all sorts of dangling loose ends for when the third radio drama got written.
6) But it just seems weird how it all ended, and feels like too many loose ends were left unravelled for no reason.
7) ... catching the bad guy was too easy and there are too many loose ends. None of the other characters believe her, ...
8) Today, I was cleaning up loose ends in Outlook and I deleted the link to this old account ...
9) ... a 3 year plan that would answer all the, even at that point, loose ends and worthless back-story.
10) ... a business end and there were a variety of specialists to take care of other loose ends.
11) ... complaints for this book, it's that it felt like there were a few loose ends or unnecessary characters/plot bits.
12) ... if you intend to make a sequel, leave at least one or two loose ends unresolved.
13) ... like any other time that we were closed for a week: staff worked on loose ends, organizing, planning.
14) ... the veracity of which is very relevant to Prof. Brown's topic. A few loose ends. Soon's paper on CO2 does ramble in places, ...
15) I know that the God that has authored the narrative of history is not leaving loose ends.
16) There are already too many loose ends within the whole story arc that needed to see closure.
17) ... oversteps his expertise, and the writing is otherwise amateurish, lacking direction and leaving loose ends.
18) Sure there were some loose ends, but there are always loose ends in Tony's life, ...
19) Tony awaking to a dream, because there are several inconsistencies and loose ends in that episode.
20) Romney appears to not like loose ends so where are his tax statements?