"to lose your cool"
to lose your composure;
to become angry, frantic, or flustered
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: Did you see Beth's reaction when she got her exam paper back yesterday?
Student 2: I thought she was going to have a stroke. She got so upset.
Student 1: She really lost her cool. She absolutely hates getting poor grades on exams.
Student 2: A little self-control might be a good idea.
Two coworkers are talking about their boss ...
Worker 1: I am just so angry.
Worker 2: Why is that?
Worker 1: You know that I have been working on a big project for weeks now ...
Worker 2: Yes. And?
Worker 1: I have been keeping the boss informed for every part of the project. When I finally finished the project and showed it to her, she rejected half of it and told me to redo those parts. Why couldn't she have told me when I talked to her about each step before I went ahead and did all that work?
Worker 2: You must be very upset.
Worker 1: I feel like I'm going to lose my cool!
loseing your cool is not a good negotiation strategy.
1) Wasn't it, well, Jesus, who lost his cool with his best friend, calling him Satan?
2) ... logical void and when all sense and sensibility deserts him in parliament. He loses his cool when challenged and when his trademark nonsense is made bare.
3) At times I have really had to remind myself not to lose my cool.
4) He lost his cool because we were "stealing" his electricity.
5) However, the bigger mistake was the reaction of the cop. He totally lost his cool and abused the authority he has as a police officer.
6) ... obvious lies, he must have been hoping the President would respond aggressively and thus lose his cool.
7) Still, I regret losing my cool by squealing like a 12 year old girl at a Backstreet Boys concert ...
8) Play football, don't lose your cool, win the game.
9) There will be people who try to get you to lose your cool — just smile in their faces.
10) Don't let everyday things lose your cool.
11) ... avoid situations that generally irritate you and these types of situations might make your lose your cool.
12) 'Cool it' and 'keep cool' and 'don't lose your cool' became rallying cries in dealing with police provocation.
13) The steaming summer heat gives you the perfect excuse to lose your cool with all the unprintable expletives your heart desires.
14) He has a little bit of a psychopath quality to him that he loses his cool pretty quickly.
15) Stringer, by contrast, loses his cool when he finds out that he has to pay more bribes to get permits.
16) ... and lacking in intellectual curiosity in not reading books and magazines, or, she's a catty hothead who loses her cool on national TV.
17) I was not the only person to lose their cool over Uggie, who has sadly died aged 13 from prostate cancer.
18) The record-setting wide receiver lost his cool, lost his temper and probably his game-day paycheck after the NFL looks at the video of the ...
19) He lost his cool at an early debate — someone attacked his father — and learned never to do it again.
20) After being teased by host Jimmy, the actress revealed that she lost her cool by stuttering backstage before coming on.