"to be mad as a hatter"
to be insane, crazy or deranged
Related words and phrases:
A husband and wife are talking ...
Wife: My Aunt Joan is coming for her yearly visit next week.
Husband: Oh. Has another year rolled around again?
Wife: You don't sound very pleased.
Husband: Well, your aunt is a little crazy. She exhibits some of the most bizarre behaviors and, quite frankly, she frightens me.
Wife: Really? It's as bad as all that?
Husband: Yes. Your Aunt Joan is mad as a hatter.
Two businessmen are talking about a colleague ...
Businessman 1: Fred has sure been under a lot of pressure lately.
Businessman 2: The merger is driving him crazy.
Businessman 1: I suppose that explains his weird new habits and extremely erratic antics.
Businessman 2: Well, let's hope he can find a way to deal with the pressure because his mad as a hatter behavior will get him fired.
Being mad as a hatter can be exhibited in many different forms.
1) Everyone knows about King George the III. He was mad as a hatter.
2) You are truly bonkers James, mad as a hatter.
3) I think Lovelock's mad as a hatter, though he may be right on some things.
4) Griffin comes across as mad as a hatter with his inappropriate smiling and laughing when sensitive subjects are mentioned.
5) He's over-the-top and as mad as a hatter, but once you're over the shock, he's excellent fun.
6) She seemed as mad as a hatter but the photos she had on display were exceptionally good.
7) Gudni is a right head case, mad as a hatter. He should be locked up if he can't restrain himself.
8) I was fascinated by the trenchant, irascible old gora, possibly mad as a hatter, holed up in Saddar for more than a half century.
9) Yup Gadaffi was as mad as a hatter but he had an African vision.
10) To those who have been driven mad as a hatter by often nonsensical NZ court judgments, here is a new one for the books.
11) This is a sure sign that I'm not as mad as a hatter after all and that I am still normal.
12) Balotelli is one of the best players in the world -- and mad as a hatter.
13) If you carelessly keep large assets with your broker you are as mad as a hatter.
14) Miller may be mad as a hatter, but he has a real following on the right.
15) She is mad as a hatter to give all her money to charity.
16) If you believe in the existence of UFOs, then you are mad as a hatter.
17) Being able to hang a label (mad as a hatter) lets you belittle everything the lady has said in her lifetime
18) But this time I started mad as a hatter because no one could understand me nor could I understand what was being said.
19) he looked to his map and never said another word, lookin' as mad as a hatter the whole blessed time.
20) Running around screaming about the end of the world is a sure way to be labeled mad as a hatter.