"to make a go of"
to achieve a successful outcome
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Do you think that Kendra can really make a go of her responsive digital customer service project?
Colleague 2: Absolutely. I believe she will make it a great success. She has the brains, determination and perseverance to do it. Besides, the industry is ready for innovation.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: Your mother is coming for a visit in two hours and the house is a disaster.
Husband: The let's get busy and get it cleaned up.
Wife: Do you think we can finish in time?
Husband: I believe we can certainly make a go of it. We should have the place at least respectable by the time she arrives.
Making a go of their new business was more difficult than they thought.
1) I am sure we can make a go of this place... if we could just manage until next fall.
2) Vancouver is a really tough city to make a go of it, especially given the real estate costs.
3) I think you could definitely make a go of this career if you are passionate, however you would likely need to watch ...
4) He was convinced he could make a go of it. I have no doubt John thought he was doing the right thing ...
5) ... to build his first business accompanied by his shrewd Aunt Mattie I'll make a go of things, never fear.
6) Surely it doesn't need government handouts to make a go of it in Saskatchewan?
7) ... so apparently our resource sector requires generous government supports to be able to make a go of it in the rough and tumble world of competitive capitalism.
8) ... markets and weather that have made it exceedingly difficult for beef producers to make a go of it.
9) Tom tried very hard and for a very long time to make a go of it, and he's never given credit for that, is he?
10) Whatever it is, I feel sure he will make a go of it. He has certainly been working very hard for other people for the ...
11) I'm so glad you exceeded your goal and can really make a go of this! I also really admire you for sticking with it despite the obstacles ...
12) The program to support entrepreneurs provided Phan with the skills he needed to make a go of it.
13) He is a young man determined to make a go of the tobacco farm he inherited when his mother and brother died.
14) ... their contracts they were given assistance from the government to ensure they could make a go of farming and establishing themselves.
15) ... remember, it still had owners and they didn't believe they could make a go of it after one year and folded.
16) ... and yet, like NPR, they can't make a go of it without sizable and conflict-ridden donations.
17) I decided that I would make a go of it and see what happens.
18) IF you can not make a go of the business then you need to go out of business. Period.
19) ... starting to realise that it's now or never to try and make a go of turning my passion into my job.
20) If you don't find a way to make a go of a popular media platform with a good following you probably aren't interested in ...