"to make a hash out of"
to spoil, ruin or botch something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Time to go home for the day.
Colleague 2: Not me. I've got to stay and redo this report.
Colleague 1: I thought you were finished.
Colleague 2: I thought so too but when I reviewed the report, I discovered that I had made a hash out of it. It is disorganized and out of order. The headings are out of alignment and the fonts are not coordinated. It's a real mess.
Colleague 1: OK. Well, good luck. See you tomorrow.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your Thanksgiving dinner?
Friend 2: Terrible. I made a real hash out of it.
Friend 1: What happened?
Friend 2: I burned the turkey. The mashed potatoes were lumpy and the cranberry sauce tasted like fish.
Friend 1: Oh, well. Better luck next year.
Making a hash out of writing this sentence, I decided to start over and rewrite it.
1) Certain individuals who's only skill is self promotion and playing politics make a hash out of project after project and keep going onto bigger and better things for a frighteningly ...
2) ... when he'd make a hash out of a ball with one of his poor touches or daft decisions.
3) ... keep her garden in order but it won't take us long to make a hash out of her borders.
4) Anglophones regularly make a hash out of this beautiful name, the correct pronunciation of which is Ifeeyainya.
5) Presented with a money making opportunity, they're not going to make a hash out of it.
6) An ill-qualified Investment Advisor can make a hash out of your investment portfolio.
7) ... to provide indemnity to protect the litigant in person if they make a hash out of it or are negligent.
8) ... and I guess if I did present a programme and made a hash out of it I'd feel quite a lot worse.
9) ... or try to bolster the confidence of a hardworking youngster convinced they have made a hash out of an exam.
10) ... has made a hash out of its ratio selection, specifically at the first up-shift where there's a yawning ...
11) ... if our relationship didn't work out we could say that Libby's made a hash out of our lives.
12) In these past 69 years, India has made a hash out of managing Kashmir, whether by placation or by iron hand.
13) Sunday rain made a hash out of qualifying rounds, with one of two men's ATP first-round matches cancelled.
14) Three swift-moving storms raked Oakmont Country Club and made a hash out of Thursday's first round, sending U.S. Golf Association officials scrambling ...
15) He claimed his second after the break after Hanover made a hash out of defending a corner.
16) ... the Australian made a hash out of the finish, blazing his shot well over the bar.
17) ... however, misjudged the ball's trajectory, and made a hash out of it.
18) ... made a hash out of the scoring move as he lost the ball as he went over the line
19) And despite it being a soft interview, she made a hash out of it.
20) Rated as a genuine appeal for black votes, Trump is making a hash out of it -- some polls actually measure his support among blacks at zero.