"make a pig's ear of"
do something very badly
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How are the bike repairs coming along?
Friend 2: I think I've made a pig's ear of repairing my bicycle.
Friend 1: Why do you say that?
Friend 2: I've completely taken it apart and have no idea how to put it back together again.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How's your knitting project working out?
Friend 2: I think I'm making a pig's ear of it.
Friend 1: Why is that?
Friend 2: I started off with the idea of making socks but my project is looking more like a scarf with holes in it.
Making a pig's ear of your anniversary dinner will put you in the doghouse for ages.
1) ... foray into the theatre. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't make a pig 's ear of it!
2) I holed a couple of nice putts (but) I made a real pig 's ear of 16, that was not very nice at all.
3) ... this time is it is becoming quite easy to say Mr Stevenson made a pig 's ear of his responsibilities towards Scotland's infrastructure.
4) What a pig 's ear of an article. Poor grammar: ...
5) If you make a pig 's ear of the first one, you can try the other one.
6) I made a pig 's ear of that job interview when I farted at the outset and couldn't ...
7) Obama has made a pig 's ear of this.
8) Twitter etiquette People new to Twitter often make a bit of a pig 's ear of replying to tweets because they include the original tweet and don't ...
9) ... that Samsung -- along with the mobile networks that control the updates -- made a pig 's ear of getting Ice Cream Sandwich onto the S2.
10) Now Mancini is making a pig 's ear of the easiest job in world football.
11) ... people representing themselves often make a pig 's ear of it and take up enormous amounts of court time with arguments that ...
12) He's been in the game long enough not to make such a pig 's ear of something.
13) ... after reading the inspector's report, is that the Environment Agency made a pig 's ear of their case, let a lot of people down, and blew ...
14) And as Obama let him stay in the job he made such a pig 's ear of under Bush ...
15) The problem is that HS2 Ltd appears to have made a complete pig 's ear of obtaining landowner permissions.
16) ... the instructions on how it all works before I jump in headfirst and make a pig 's ear of it all.
17) ... lot of people are frightened of making marmalade and just as many make a right pig 's ear of it. If you follow my Seville orange marmalade recipe to the ...
18) So I personally think Renault have made a bit of a pig 's ear of the dashboard and general cockpit.
19) ... if they somehow get sovereignty over them. I mean they've already made a pig 's ear of Argentina itself.
20) When he finally got his chance to drink, he made a complete pig 's ear of it. I suspect it might have been his first time to ...