"to make eyes at"
to look at someone in such a way as to convey your romantic interest
Related words and phrases:
Two strangers are sitting on a park bench ...
Woman: Can I help you?
Man: Well, uh, I was just wondering ...
Woman: Listen! I'm not interested at all. In fact, you are making me uncomfortable making eyes at me like that. Please stop.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you doing?
Friend 2: There's no harm in looking, is there?
Friend 1: You have a girlfriend.
Friend 2: So?
Friend 1: I'm sure that your girlfriend would not appreciate you making eyes at another woman.
Making eyes at your friend's girlfriend will get you into trouble.
1) Why, man, she was making eyes at every man in the ship! I caught her kissing a soldier once.
2) ... that may be interested in you. In fact, while you were making eyes at the cute guy at the counter that's trying to chat up ...
3) And those cute little freshmen making eyes at me and paying me idiotic compliments!
4) ... local hillbilly and grabbing the arm of the purty, long-haired thing who began making eyes at him last fall.
5) We wandered up through the grounds to the bar, making eyes at the well dressed tennis players on the way.
6) Brian was making eyes at the girl, and had been doing so for most of the hearing.
7) ... the grub in the space of a few hours... he's already making eyes at my breakfast toast and that speaks volumes ...
8) ... started fighting after Natalee spotted her flirtatious ex-boyfriend, Chidgey making eyes at another girl.
9) I saw you making eyes at me from beside your wife do you really think that she's blind?
10) I felt I ought to be wearing silk and pearls and making eyes at some aristocratic and inherently doomed playboy.
11) Kind of like that fat girl / geeky guy who's making eyes at you over the bar. Ignore. Take no action.
12) ... that girl with the short hair who keeps making eyes at you across the bar, ...
13) Had the pleasure of one officer winking and making eyes at me the whole time I was filing a report!
14) I can't handle it when other girls are making eyes at my man or pursuing him ...
15) They were just a couple of queens with Maine accepts making eyes at each other.
16) ... advise guests not to make eyes at other men's wives.
17) ... and women were instructed to lower their gaze and forbidden to cast glances or make eyes at each other.
18) I'm jumping ahead of myself, the senior producer who was told to make eyes at the assistant but who just might like her for himself after all ...
19) Be observant. Don't make eyes at a girl if you know she is taken, or if you have another ...
20) ... while that young lady made eyes at him and blushed and simpered just as conscious and as pleased as could be ...