"to make someone's day"
to make someone feel very happy
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You look really happy. What's with the flowers?
Colleague 2: It is my two-year anniversary with the company.
Colleague 1: And who gave you the flowers?
Colleague 2: The boss.
Colleague 1: That was really nice of her.
Colleague 2: It makes my day.
Two parents are talking ...
Father: Poor little Jenny. She really does not like staying home sick from school.
Mother: She is starting to feel better now. Did you send her text messages from the office?
Father: Yes. I wanted to cheer her up.
Mother: It worked. Getting text messages from her busy father really made her day.
Making your boyfriend's day by serving him breakfast in bed is a nice thing to do.
1) It really made my day and brought a smile to my face.
2) ... said you did really well and made the country proud. That really made my day. It was a pleasure talking to him and I felt very happy.
3) ... this thank-you note really means a lot to me, and it has made my day.
4) They made my day. I was about to break down, but they congratulated me.
5) ... he thanks me for spending my Saturday with him. "You made my day! Thank you for making me a star!"
6) ... 11 of the most hilarious shots from the #kalyppochallenge that are bound to make your day or at least, put a smile on your face.
7) Nothing can fix your mood or make your day better than a good game of cricket.
8) ... and strong, a free spirit with a gorgeous smile that could make your day or your week.
9) This video of a girl imitating her will make your day!
10) ... you feel great about yourself and it can really make your day, but how good are you at giving compliments to your partner?
11) ... good deed that day. I could tell she wanted to make my day, and she knew that it would mean a lot, obviously, to me.
12) 'Mommy, there's a girl cop.' Things like that make my day. I want that little girl to know she can grow up and be a ...
13) I will ask for a selfie and a kiss. It will really make my day. I will smile all day.
14) ... dust from deserts, and if I found an old coin it would make my day.
15) ... with laughter as she grabbed Laura's hand, "You really make my day!"
16) ... least thing we can do is show up at his party and help make his day.
17) ... the end of this walk waits a surprise that's about to make his day.
18) ... because he loved receiving them, and it would make his day.
19) Just to see my handwriting and know I'm OK will make her day.
20) ... her something grand or expensive but a little effort that you make will make her day.