"to make something count"
to ensure that the maximum benefit is obtained
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: I can't believe it. I actually got an interview at that prestigious college I applied to.
Student 2: That's great news. I suppose that you had better be very prepared. You will only have one chance to make a good first impression.
Student 1: You can be sure that I am going to make this interview count.
Two friends are at a carnival midway ...
Friend 1: I've won my way up to the big prize. All I need to do is knock down the ducks one more time and I'll win the giant stuffed animal. I've got five shots to make.
Friend 2: Then you had better make them count.
Making your interview questions count is a good way to make a good impression.
1) The 40 minutes I get to work out, I have to make it count. I've kind of changed how I work out.
2) it was our one opportunity, and we had to make it count.
3) Don't waste that outpouring of emotion -- make it count as much as possible.
4) I'll spell them out. You have one shot. One. Make it count.
5) This is your first impression and you want to make it count.
6) I got a few licks on him. I'll make them count this time.
7) If we get scoring chances, we will need to make them count.
8) You're going to get two votes, so make them count.
9) I must make them count. I must say what I mean.
10) Pick your battles, and make them count.
11) The Raptors need to start making it count at the ACC before things get really out of hand.
12) David Coulthard, on his final race before his retirement, was making it count, as he had battled his way to 12th.
13) But credit to the All Blacks for sticking in and making it count in the last 5.
14) Paul Lambert will be hoping this is the match that his star player makes it count.
15) She's the slowest here, but she really makes it count.
16) Cooper has been a more controlled player, limiting his touches but making them count.
17) Alonso made it count. His lonely third was largely achieved by a great start.
18) That's City's first real chance and they should have made it count.
19) But when he did, he made it count. He played a magnificent knock in the final.
20) Notre Dame themselves only had a pair of shots on goal, but they made them count in the end, ensuring the upset over the ACC side.