"to make the fur fly"
to cause a bad argument
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Wow. That was quite a disturbance during the staff meeting.
Colleague 2: When Julia accused Scott of not doing his part of the work, I thought Scott was going to get violent. And the argument that ensued was quite entertaining to watch.
Colleague 1: Those two really did make the fur fly.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you invited both Susan and Joan to the party?
Friend 2: Sure. Why not?
Friend 1: They hate each other. They always cause a really bad argument.
Friend 2: I am not responsible for other people's actions or behaviors. Let them make the fur fly.
Making the fur fly in a staff meeting is not a good strategy for a leader.
1) This has lead to fears of a "wholesale genocide" of feral animals which made the fur fly among cat lovers.
2) Two pregnant stars of local reality show Diski Divas made the fur fly in Kaya FM's studio on Friday night, slapping each other while live on air.
3) The former beauty queen and waitress wastes no time in making the fur fly with the girls, who hate “newbies'' joining their clique.
4) But suggest a causal link between estrogen-proliferative IA and breast cancer -- and watch the fur fly!
5) ... he was considering negotiations but inclined toward a budget battle that would let the fur fly.
6) So Tim is not an ordinary colleague, and I've watched the fur fly over his latest enthusiasm from a distance only.
7) ... when the woman indicated that she wanted to end the relationship which reportedly made the fur fly.
8) ... this made the fur fly between representatives of opposing political parties.
9) That was an issue between us and it made the fur fly.
10) The incident had made the fur fly between the suspects and a restaurant worker.
11) A recent trip Kylie took to Australia apparently made the fur fly between the pair and while they never officially broke up, they reportedly decided a ...
12) ... had been drinking when he refused to stop playing on the Xbox, which made the fur fly.
13) Moment of truth: Almost two thirds said packing has made the fur fly and packing unnecessary items was the number one reason for a pre-holiday bust-up.
14) same name claiming that the parcel belonged to him. It made the fur fly. The postmaster had to be removed from her post and relocated for her safety.
15) ... posted a rant against White on her Twitter page after the video reportedly made the fur fly between Katie and ex-husband Peter Andre, who criticised her for allowing their children ...
16) ... out the irregularities, some might grab the land there and it would make the fur fly.
17) ... doesn't seem to only come here to 'bait' people and make the fur fly.
18) We were only two, and I was afraid my comments would make the fur fly.
19) ... declining a wedding invitation altogether, believing that a bad gift decision could make the fur fly between friends.
20) Your wife said she doesn't listen to your lyrics -- did that make the fur fly? Not an argument but it did cause a lot of eyebrow-raising.