"You've made your bed, now lie in it"
refers to a circumstance where you have created a situation by your own choosing and resolving the situation is your own responsibility
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How are you doing with that report?
Colleague 2: Not so good. I have been ignoring it for too long and now it's due the day after tomorrow.
Colleague 1: Guess you're in a little trouble, then?
Colleague 2: Yes, but I've made my own bed, now I have to lie in it. I'll figure out something.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well, you've really done it this time. You've got two girlfriends calling you at the same time. What were you thinking?
Friend 2: I suppose I really wasn't thinking. What am I going to do. I'm in real trouble. Can you help me?
Friend 1: When you make your own bed, you have to lie in it. No. You made the mess, you fix it.
Making your own bed means that you are responsible for correcting the situation.
1) At the same time I feel like he made his own bed with his rotten behaviour and his unwillingness to get down to Dominic's level.
2) Armstrong lied and lied and lied and now got caught. He made his own bed, didn't he?
3) She reminds him that he has made his own bed, and now he must lie in it.
4) But what's done is done and Tim has made his own bed in New York and now he has to sleep in it.
5) It hurt Charlotte to admit that, but he had made his own bed and he could sleep in it.
6) And he pretty much made his own bed with this powerful and growing demographic.
7) The school board made their own bed, including the principals with their three binders of rules and regulations.
8) The 2010/11 season was idiocy in itself, the club made their own bed by appointing the Portuguese.
9) Their leader would tell them that they had made their own bed and now they would have to lie in it.
10) They have made their own bed, as the saying goes.
11) If a person has made their own bed and lives in a way they can not afford health insurance, their choice.
12) We should not be continually carping about the Palestine victims. They made their own bed.
13) However it happened, they made their own bed and now they have to lie in it.
14) Governments shouldn't have to give me handouts to survive, I made my own bed, I have to sleep in it.
15) Admittedly, I made my own bed to some extent, but let's see if we can go beyond the headline.
16) She didn't care less I'd made my own bed and could lie in the mess.
17) I made my own bed and now I pay for being a state slave.
18) I made my own bed with this one, guys. I'm just gonna have to pay my dues.
19) I mean who gives a toss, but you've made your own bed, you go lie in it.
20) Changing clubs for money get very short supply of sympathy from me. They made their own bed already let them lie and deteriorate there.