"to make your skin crawl"
something or someone is so unpleasant, frightening or repugnant that your skin feels as though something is crawling on it
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: We're all going to go and check out the new insect exhibit at the zoo. Do you want to come along?
Friend 2: Absolutely not! Insects freak me out. They make my skin crawl.
Friend 1: Too bad you find insects so repellent. They are actually quite fascinating.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: There goes Claude sucking up to the boss again.
Colleague 2: The way he tries to ingratiate himself is really almost embarrassing to watch.
Colleague 1: Doesn't Claude realize that everyone in the office sees his disgusting sycophantic behavior?
Colleague 2: It makes my skin crawl just watching him.
Making your skin crawl is the aim of a really gross horror movie.
1) I do not do spiders. In fact, anything that crawls makes my skin crawl, my heart start pounding in my chest and I begin to hyperventilate.
2) It makes my skin crawl to think about what these poor women had to endure.
3) Yuck! Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.
4) I want to throw something at it. He makes my skin crawl.
5) The idea of being called Mrs whatever makes my skin crawl. I have absolutely no difficulty with being in a relationship, but I have ...
6) I don't want to be around him, being around him makes my skin crawl.
7) This is difficult for me, as self-promotion makes my skin crawl.
8) ... to tell the unforgettable story of a childhood so abusive it'll make your skin crawl.
9) Does the thought of paying full price for something make your skin crawl?
10) Mr Nice he is wonderfully malevolent as Abe and will truly make your skin crawl.
11) ... get cursed in some blogs, with such malicious words that would make your skin crawl.
12) His replacement was just awful; the kind of guy who'd make your skin crawl!
13) ... before but when I squashed one it was full of blood. Made my skin crawl.
14) What it was that made my skin crawl was simply that I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate being preached ...
15) ... at the local public hospital in the children's ward and it made my skin crawl. The way that they treat children is so horrible.
16) Watching Nishikido Ryo made my skin crawl, but it was oddly addicting.
17) ... just the thought of sex repulsed me and made my skin crawl.
18) ... hoarder and the mere mention of the word hoarding is enough to make my skin crawl.
19) ... and I'm transition-phobic. Transitions make my skin crawl.
20) Frankly, bronze, silver and gold packages make my skin crawl. They commoditise a service which should be anything but.