"to meet an untimely end"
to die too early or too young;
to die in an unexpected or unpleasant way
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you heard about Martha?
Friend 2: I heard that she was battling cancer.
Friend 1: I'm sorry to say that she has died.
Friend 2: But she was only thirty-three years old.
Friend 1: It was tragic that she met an untimely end.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you heard about Kevin? He had a really bad accident on his motorcycle.
Friend 2: Is he OK?
Friend 1: I'm sorry to say that he died.
Friend 2: Kevin was always so careful on his motorcycle. It's terrible that he met an untimely end.
Meeting an untimely end is tragic.
1) ... reached rock bottom and something must give. Otherwise, she may meet an untimely end. After Martha is taken to hospital, ...
2) Your authority as mayor has meet an untimely end.
3) Means we'll get there faster (or meet an untimely end in a monstrous pile-up).
4) ... and that now that they've meet an untimely end in our kitchen, the rest of the slug community will be too terrified ...
5) ... told the Ambassador that India was unhappy that a young life had meet an untimely end, ...
6) Thus the women propagate the race, although every male needs must meet an untimely end before he can become a man.
7) Jewad's life met an untimely end at the age of just forty-one.
8) Before it met an untimely end, the cast of Betty Blue Eyes were able to put down their vocals ...
9) ... met an untimely end at the hands of Mrs Fox. His swift, if not brutal death ...
10) His appearances on BEN television were also extremely popular but this programme met an untimely end when the very popular presenter of the show, Ms Janet Buerki-Narh, died.
11) People say 'end' to avoid saying 'death'. She met an untimely end (= died young).
12) And if Xi fails at managing the course of China's currency, his entire juggling act will meet an untimely end.
13) A number of them have meet an untimely end there, and likely caused a few car crashes.
14) A Canadian TV legacy has meet an untimely end with Hyndman's death, but so too has an incredible partnership.
15) The report also suggested that the actor's character might meet an untimely end than what was originally written in the plot.
16) Regal makes sure that all the other flowers meet an untimely end before the judging.
17) ... who just happens to be 46 years older than her, has meet an untimely end after a fall led to her admission to hospital.
18) A clamour ensued, but the 41-year-old's life had meet an untimely end.
19) Many are familiar with the legend of Duke Bluebeard, the brooding lord of a brooding castle whose wives all seem to meet an untimely end.
20) ... and they themselves may have meet an untimely end far sooner either from drug addition or as a result of drug-dealers deadly rivalries.