"memory like a sieve"
to be very forgetful
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: We've been waiting for fifteen minutes now. Where is Larry? We really need to get this meeting started.
Colleague 2: Larry has been under a lot of stress lately and his memory has been like a sieve.
Colleague 1: Do you mean that he forgot the meeting?
Colleague 2: Yes. I am sure he has forgotten. Let me give him a call.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you brought the potato salad?
Friend 2: I have a memory like a sieve. The potato salad is at home sitting on the kitchen counter ready to go.
Friend 1: You forgot the potato salad?
Friend 2: Sorry.
Having a memory like a sieve, I forgot to buy the bread when went to the grocery store.
1) We all know a few people who seem to have a memory like a sieve when it comes to remembering to carry your phone at all times.
2) The legendary race caller Bill Collins told him you need a memory like a sieve: let it fill with information, but hold it fleetingly.
3) ... mechanics of cars doesn't intimidate me, although I have a memory like a sieve when it comes to the fundamentals.
4) Is your memory like a sieve? Blame multitasking, say NUS scientists.
5) With a memory like a sieve, how could I even remember the character's few lines?
6) Putting together a “Best of ” list is always difficult for me. First, over the year I read a ton of comics both floppy and digitally and when you are like me and have a memory like a sieve this is even harder to do.
7) I have to – I have a memory like a sieve, sometimes. I also use mnemonics that remind me about key stock-market events of the past.
8) He's got a memory like a sieve. But there is a personal quality too.
9) Without a functioning hippocampus, names, dates, and other information falls straight through the memory like a sieve.
10) Well, I have a memory like a sieve, so this makes me a moron. And while I'll cop to being moronic in many ways, I seem to be able to write articles ...
11) You've got a 'memory like a sieve' is a common way of telling someone that things just fall through their heads and that they can't remember ...
12) Our teacher has a memory like a sieve. She came to class without our exams today.
13) As a result of that work, and also masses to do in the office, my memory has been like a sieve all week. I managed to forget to bring smart shoes to ...
14) I have a memory like a sieve. I forget everything.
15) Memory Like a Sieve. I can't remember the point of these pictures.
16) ... with a memory like a sieve... SOOooo much information... so little brainpower.
17) I have a memory like a sieve. I'm glad that my company uses an automated system for resetting passwords; otherwise, the help desk people would get ...
18) Yet for many of us, our memories are like a sieve and life passes us by - we miss the chance to develop our mind and accomplish more in life because our memory ...
19) I swore I would write the name down, but I've got a memory like a sieve.
20) ... people who are under lots of stress frequently complain of having a “memory like a sieve”.