"to miss the point"
to fail to understand what is important
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I'm trying to pass Level 9 in the video game Spawning.
Friend 2: That is an awesome game. It's lots of fun.
Friend 1: Do you have any advice for beating Level 9.
Friend 2: I played Spawning on a fifty inch plasma TV.
Friend 1: Again, how do I pass Level 9.
Friend 2: The sound effects are really good if you wear headphones.
Friend 1: I think you are missing the point here. I need to pass Level 9.
Two executives are talking ...
Executive 1: Sales have been falling for a while now. We need to do something to increase sales.
Executive 2: We could lay-off some staff.
Executive 1: We're looking for ways to increase sales.
Executive 2: Perhaps we should institute a dress code.
Executive 1: Are you listening? We need to increase sales of our products.
Executive 2: Maybe a casual Friday would help office moral.
Executive 1: You really have missed the point.
Missing the point can make you look unintelligent.
1) I think that the discussion is good, but many women are missing the point. Please read the comment where the woman says something like ...
2) I think you're missing the point and it has nothing to do with a Galaxy S3.
3) You're missing the point... each family has to work with the reality of their own house.
4) I think the other respondents to your comment are missing the point. It doesn't matter what a conservative candidate would do.
5) They claim to be a great platform for marketing, but thats missing the point! Facebook should be about people not about selling what you know about ...
6) What if you've misinterpreted a point? What if you've missed the point of the reading altogether?
7) Some of Hawking's Cambridge colleagues said the physicist has missed the point.
8) I didn't even bring up the logistics of feeding the population. You obviously missed the point of my post, learn how to read idiot.
9) Actually, I think it is you who missed the point of what I was trying to say.
10) He tried to write an even handed article, he just completely missed the point.
11) I am about to say will, I'm certain, will cause people to miss the point I am trying to present.
12) This statistical argument seems to me to miss the point.
13) All the negative reviews of this book all seem to miss the point... its a GUIDEBOOK in the truest sense of the word.
14) Kristen, you miss the point of the author's essay. He does not disagree that it would ...
15) There is a lot of hypocracy going on here and its causing us to miss the point.... TORTURE is WRONG....
16) That misses the point. Police clean up after crime. Parents prevent it.
17) I'm afraid that Jonah's argument misses the point completely. Once the liberals have created a society in which an electoral ...
18) But your example misses the point that thermostats serve their makers purposes and bacteria serve their own purposes.
19) I know my comment is a little rambly and maybe misses the point, but I just wanted to say thank-you to Scalzi.
20) I think organizing this nationally is silly and misses the point entirely. EVERY DAY is Include Your Child In Your Work Day.