"money to burn"
more money than a person needs;
money to spend however one likes
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Wow. New state-of-the-art laptops for the entire office staff. The company must have money to burn.
Colleague 2: With four quarters in a row of record-breaking profits, I guess there is some extra money for much needed rewards and improvements.
Colleague 1: Maybe we will see some improvements in the staff cafeteria as well.
Colleague 2: I am sure if profits continue as they are, yes, the cafeteria will become gourmet.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: I need a new car.
Husband: But your car is only two years old and we really don't have money to burn. You will have to make do with your car for at least two more years.
Wife: We don't even have a little extra money?
Husband: Not really. Our budget is really tight and with saving for the kid's education and all the other bills, we are just making it.
Having money to burn, she took taxis wherever she went.
1) I once had money to burn. I'd fly to Barbados for the weekend. I lived in a twenty-two-room ...
2) ... texting to friends and social networks by disinterested ADHD attendees who obviously have money to burn if they can swing $250 a ticket and do ...
3) There aren't enough arenas, aren't enough men with money to burn on pro sports, aren't enough underexploited cities crying out for hockey and capable ...
4) ... putting a price on your work but unless you have 10m of VC money to burn, grasp the nettle and demand cash in return for your hard work.
5) ... unless, of course, you have money to burn and can buy the best equipment to start with.
6) With money to burn, she began to shop to her heart's content.
7) ... Everest or reaching the Poles are within relatively easy reach for millionaires with money to burn.
8) ... of aristocratic patronage was replaced by the acquisitive ambitions of self-made men with money to burn.
9) Your only hope is if the owner has money to burn and is prepared to endure the inevitable years of losses from a flawed strategy.
10) It is all just part of history and those with money to burn will want to be involved with a top-tier club now.
11) He's got enough money to burn so i am sure he can afford the best personal trainers.
12) Sure, if you were Microsoft and you had the money to burn. But for the average domain owner, no way they could afford that.
13) ... who presumably, as the sole heir of two large estates, has money to burn.
14) ... think this will be a no-go for most except a tiny few with money to burn.
15) People who have money to burn, resources, and time are the ones who will enjoy this and maybe find ...
16) I mean here's a company with money to burn asking the employees to sacrifice with them.
17) Since the extremism is being massively funded by billionaires with lots of money to burn (more comes in every day!), this election does nothing to stop ...
18) ... because in the days when I had money to burn, I imported a lot of stuff from America, ...
19) Seriously, the guy comes from a wealthy construction family. They had money to burn, such that Paul didn't even need to save money for college.
20) We didn't have a lot of money to burn but we weren't dirt poor. We learned to prioritize and live on a ...