"more than meets the eye"
more interesting or complicated than someone or something appears to be
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Well, the new plan looks fairly straightforward. I don;t see anything too complicated.
Colleague 2: Don't be so hasty. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye here.
Colleague 1: What do you mean?
Colleague 2: Look at the implications of Section II. If it is interpreted a certain way, then our remuneration will be tied to our productivity.
Colleague 1: I didn't see that. Maybe we should examine this new document more thoroughly and see what else is hidden inside.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: He doesn't look like much. He is kind of quiet and shy and doesn't dress very well.
Friend 2: I think that you will find that he is more than meets the eye. Talk to him.
Friend 1: You were right. I just had a nice chat with him and it turns out that he is an author, a traveler and is really smart and funny. He is also a really really nice guy.
There is no gerund form for more than meets the eye.
1) There certainly is something more than meets the eye going on. I liked the complex lying that was involved the ...
2) ... the Arab World seems to be in turmoil, but there is much more than meets the eye.
3) Ukrainian identity is so much more than meets the eye and I encourage you to approach the exhibition with this in mind.
4) One is drawn subtly and irresistibly into an experience that is inevitably "more than meets the eye," and from which one emerges with a broader, deeper understanding ...
5) There's obviously more than meets the eye as he is not being deported.
6) Yes indeed, it is unique, and there is more than meets the eye.
7) ... but like a lot of world cinema, there's so much more than meets the eye to Russian Ark. In fact, Russian Ark is one of, ...
8) There is always more than meets the eye. There are always fresh perspectives to explore.
9) A tattoo is a true poetic creation, and is always more than meets the eye.
10) There is clearly more than meets the eye to this story: oblique hints about mental illness, adultery and incarceration ...
11) ... have hope and faith in the universe that there is much, much more than meets the eye.
12) There appears to be more than meets the eye going on with this situation.
13) ... talk to employees of the factory he soon realizes that there is more than meets the eye. Divisions begin to appear within the employees and it seems as though ...
14) Basically, the amount of content in the single player is actually more than meets the eye if you want to do everything.
15) There is more than meets the eye here and we are not getting full disclosure.
16) However, there is more than meets the eye behind this beautiful face. She packs a mean steam in her hands ...
17) It is pretty common practice for advocates to portray that there is more than meets the eye.
18) ... you said there's a twist coming, so is Nero maybe more than meets the eye?
19) Maybe convection and gravity explains a lot more than meets the eye?
20) Like so many things, there is more than meets the eye here.