the basic facts
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you ready for the meeting with the regional Vice-President?
Colleague 2: I think so. I've got the basic concept ready to present.
Colleague 1: That's not going to be enough. The regional VP always wants the most basic of details.
Colleague 2: Then I'd better get busy and make some notes on the nitty-gritty of the project.
Colleague 1: Good idea.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you heard the big news about Gina?
Friend 2: No, I haven't but I'm in a big hurry to get to work just now.
Friend 1: Then I'll just give you the nitty-gritty of Gina's latest escapade.
Friend 2: OK. Just the basics, quickly, please.
Getting down to the nitty-gritty can be an excellent way to proceed with negotiations.
1) I also get into the nitty-gritty of retirement account rules, estate planning and strategic charitable giving.
2) If you want to get into the nitty-gritty of the research that's being done, READ THE ACTUAL, PAPER.
3) I felt the need to communicate with the RB audience, without getting into the nitty-gritty of " he said, she said ".
4) For better or worse, crews are often reluctant to to explain the technical nitty-gritty of mechanical failures.
5) We talk about plot, characterization, setting a scene, and all of the nitty-gritty details that go into the skill of telling a good tale.
6) If you don't separate yourself from the mundane and the nitty-gritty, you might just micromanage your business away from success.
7) Over the years I've struggled with how much of the behind the scenes nitty-gritty side of life I should share.
8) Just understanding billing and cash flow... the nitty-gritty of how a business operates was especially good.
9) The ice thus broken, she consulted her comment sheet for the nitty-gritty, and looked at us.
10) The point was to get into the nitty-gritty of their student lives so we can get to know our end user better.
11) Certain basic issues concerning the nitty-gritty practice of philosophy have come up again and again.
12) You need to show that you understand the nitty-gritty of what it takes to make things happen.
13) Or you can do detailed, nitty-gritty empirical work.
14) I also get into the nitty-gritty of retirement account rules, estate planning and strategic charitable giving.
15) Now, let's get to the nitty-gritty of things. Please read carefully.
16) If you're looking for the nitty-gritty science behind global warming, you will find only a sampling in the appendix.
17) But I'm not convinced that I need to go as deep into the nitty-gritty as Greg describes to get a toe-hold on a complicated subject.
18) Fortune-500 guys who only talk about the big picture won't get nitty-gritty about the work you need done.
19) Before you try to get all of the nitty-gritty details of the paper, skim the whole thing, and try to get an idea of the idea as a whole.
20) There are many suggestions to try this or try that. But the nitty-gritty of precisely how to become more creative is seriously lacking.