something that requires very little or no mental effort
Related words and phrases:
Two parents are talking about their son, Johnny ...
Mother: Well, how are we going to discipline Johnny? You know we have to reinforce the school rule about violence.
Father: I agree. Fighting in school just can not be tolerated. I suppose that grounding him and taking away his video games is one option.
Mother: Grounding him is a no-brainer. I just wonder if that is enough punishment.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: The "check engine" light has been coming on in my car for a while. Do you think I should take my car to a repair shop?
Friend 2: Well, duh! It's a no-brainer. That's the whole point of the "check engine" light.
Friend 1: I guess you're right. I'll take the car in.
There is no gerund form for no-brainer.
1) Given the choice between dinner and diapers, pans and pacifiers, this was a no-brainer. I chose dinner.
2) Agree to a longer term and the fees are even lower. Seems like a no-brainer if you're able to capture leads with your SlideShare content.
3) While this may seem like a no-brainer at first, this is actually one of easiest ways that small businesses can fail.
4) For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no-brainer.
5) Will Republicans realize that shifting the tax burden more toward richer people is also a no-brainer?
6) A priest contemplates a no-brainer: should the church buy food and shoes for poor children or finance Alzheimer's ...
7) The decision is a complete no-brainer! Anyone with a lick of sense or decency can figure out whether to end ...
8) This may seem like a no-brainer, but I wanted to investigate very closely how this insane resolution screen would affect ...
9) Against the revenue Potter will generate, replacing Waterworld is a no-brainer. Waterworld generates no revenue at all.
10) Food without optimal nutrition standards is better than no food. It's a no-brainer.
11) Standardized metrics on price is probably a no-brainer. Metrics on quality is a lot more delicate.
12) For the same reason Jesus said nothing against incest. It is a historical no-brainer that he didn't need to because Jews already regarded this as a severe offense.
13) For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no-brainer.
14) It sounds like a no-brainer. More people must inevitably be bad for the environment, taking more resources and ...
15) I think Tim's point is that his diet is a no-brainer. He probably has almost the same exact grocery list from week to week.
16) Copying those changes into the permanent stylesheet is practically a no-brainer.
17) For the McHugh family, it was a no-brainer: Come together on a weekend, help a school and serve the community.
18) Picking him to win the state was a no-brainer since he was leading in the polls.
19) Most people are working and living longer, so it seems like a no-brainer to raise the retirement age to help close the long-term Social Security funding gap.
20) Passage in that state seems like it would have been a no-brainer -- except that it didn't pass.