an absolute refusal;
in no way possible
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Could you please lend me twenty dollars?
Friend 2: No dice.
Friend 1: Why not?
Friend 2: You still owe me a hundred dollars that you have never paid back.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Could you have that report ready for tomorrow?
Colleague 2: No dice. There is still way too much work to be done. It'll never be ready.
There is no gerund form for no dice.
1) The creation of the Desktop folder solved the problem for Word and PowerPoint but no dice for Excel.
2) ... to dismantle, and it will take decades to rebuild, so again, no dice in the short to medium term.
3) ... now got a new permalink structure, but still no dice on the editing/adding/viewing of the pages. Don't know what the deal is.
4) ... then they can't keep their monopoly, and that's just a "No Dice" scenario for them.
5) ... Google Images to see if I could turn up the product website. But no dice. So I'm posting the photo here in the hopes that someone will be ...
6) Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver says no dice on a full-scale casino in the city - putting him on a collision course with ...
7) ... steers and try to urge them to come to the nice fresh grass but no dice. I give up and retrace my steps back into paddock.
8) On the phone with tech support, I did six hard resets - no dice. Finally they had me mail it off.
9) I thought I had a chance to live vicariously through my son... but no dice... soccer is HIS game.
10) ... still no good, so I upgraded to Win 8 clean install... still no dice.
11) ... in a 'boyish bob.' And her sleeves were too short. No dice, ruled the rabbi.
12) I tried jiggling it as it tried to read. No dice. I pulled another Wii game off the shelf, slipped it in -- no ...
13) I pulled another Wii game off the shelf, slipped it in -- no dice. # I can only imagine how lonely that drive felt when it died.
14) I'd make a nice, simple vector-based game I had in mind. No dice though -- it simply had no concept of vectors.
15) I've spent the past few minutes trying to find the place... no dice. Can't find it.
16) I pulled the fan out and tried to spin it... no dice, it was seized up tight.
17) I've turned the Little House upside down looking for it, but no dice. I'm fairly certain it fell into a black hole located somewhere between my ...
18) ... all of them and there was no change. Tried uninstalling video cards... No dice. Tried disabling video cards, no dice. tried rolling back drivers on video ...
19) ... thought maybe we could steer him outdoors by using the broom, but no dice.
20) I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait long. No dice, the wait for walk-ins was "about an hour".