a person who is very interested in other people's private lives and activities but doesn't normally get involved
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What have you got behind your back?
Colleague 2: It really doesn't concern you.
Colleague 1: Please. I need to know. Is it something important? Is someone going to get into trouble?
Colleague 2: Stop being such a nosey parker. I'm not going to tell you.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Gladys! What are you doing?
Friend 2: Art and Freda are having a juicy argument. I'm learning all sorts of details about their private lives.
Friend 1: Get away from that door you nosey parker!
Being a nosey parker you know what all your neighbors are doing in their private lives.
1) ... the book is riveting and makes you feel as ashamedly inquisitive as any eighteenth century nosey parker.
2) I love hearing snippets of peoples lives (its the nosey parker in me) and seeing what folks are up to ...
3) ... around and filled up my cart with booze crisps and the like. Some nosey parker (sorry but) decides to tell a member of staff I'm suspicious ...
4) ... recently written a couple of posts on corners of her home -- which for a nosey parker like me have been extremely enjoyable reading/viewing.
5) ... sorry but I'm being a nosey parker here. You mentioned you broke up with your ex and patched things up ...
6) ... asking too many questions for me, there's too much of Mr. Nosey Parker about you.
7) I will definitely read the linked paper being a nosey parker.
8) So, if you're a nosey parker like me, read on to see what it takes for your little blue ...
9) ... restricted only to employers who can prove that they really need it, not every nosey parker in the UK.
10) ... the Sun's professional nosey parker, quizzes a celebrity on their personal affairs.
11) A nosey parker is someone who is excessively interested in other people's lives.
12) ... that only after 30 years or more when some nosey parker started ferreting out my past that the whole episode began to stir in my ...
13) The nosey parker. It's as though he has eyes everywhere, spying on your every ...
14) ... past and has no qualms about asking too many, too personal questions. The nosey parker has no concept of personal space and privacy.
15) An overly curious parking attendant could be referred to as a nosey parker.
16) I like to know about things. I think I've always been a nosey parker.
17) I’m basically a professional nosey parker and Facebook takes all the effort out of it – what’s not to like about that?
18) Quotes like these paint a picture of the kind of person you’d move house to avoid – an interfering nosey parker, an unscrupulous grasping bully, a waster and a spendthrift.
19) Or maybe it's like going back to a nosey-parker village society - the Valley of the Squinting Windows - where the postmistress listened in to every phone call, and the dates between a wedding and a birth were calculated with hawk-eyed detail.
20) She's one of those people who's a bit of a fixer, a kind of matchmaker, a sort of nosey parker.