"to not have a clue"
to have no knowledge or information about
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Who is that in talking with the boss?
Colleague 2: I don't have a clue. Could be anybody.
Colleague 1: Well, it isn't anyone from the office.
Colleague 2: Again. I have no idea who that is and I don't really care.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you filled in your tax forms this year?
Friend 2: Yes. I have even filed them.
Friend 1: Did you understand the new line item 237? It was something about claiming employment expenses.
Friend 2: Sorry. I wouldn't have a clue. I use a handy piece of software to do my taxes and it just asks me all the relevant questions and I just enter the answers. I really do not know anything about taxes.
Not having a clue what was going on, he simply walked right into the middle of a bank robbery.
1) Congress, media, academia, and policy forums, still do not have a clue about what is happening before their eyes.
2) Certainly, I did not have a clue about the African-American participation in the space programme.
3) I think if we ask members of the public, they will not have a clue how many councillors are on their council now.
4) Even those who do not have a clue about the game start posing as experts and senselessly criticise the players without ever analyzing ...
5) I also can not defend his non-action because I do not have a clue why he refused to act.
6) If the government did not have a clue that the money had not been paid, they would not have started paying us ...
7) Police did not have a clue who the murder victim was when the teenager's dismembered body was found, ...
8) ... still do not know the extent of the disaster. We do not have a clue. We are waiting to see whether we can bring this under control.
9) ... in a meeting and after five minutes I realised my players did not have a clue what I was talking about so I had to start new.
10) We are in 'deer-in-the-headlights' mode, candidly. We do not have a clue what's happening.
11) The world is in revolt. We do not have a clue about the depth of distemper that has occasioned this revolt.
12) ... they have become completely out of touch with our society and do not have a clue how to address the real (and literally burning issues) in our society.
13) The outspoken anti-Brexit campaigner said most of the British cabinet did not have a clue what Brexit would look like, ...
14) People are starting to mock them because they clearly do not have a clue on how to fix the (even bigger) problem they've created.
15) Currently, scientists do not have a clue as to how the cell could have originated without having been created by a designer ...
16) ... of the lack of funding because the powers that be do not have a clue what the under-served are going through in our communities.
17) ... the concept has to be derived by them as the client may not have a clue about lighting.
18) He does not have a clue how much money he can claim from his insurance.
19) ... ways to hide his addiction from them. Even his parents did not have a clue that he used to go back home drunk.
20) ... to young people, particularly girls, is they are fortunate to not have a clue how difficult it used to be for a woman to have a career.