"to not know someone from Adam"
to be unable to recognize someone because the person is a stranger
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Who is this person that comes into our space and starts telling us where our weaknesses are and how we are to go about improving our work flow?
Colleague 2: Apparently, management has hired a consultant to help us be more productive.
Colleague 1: But I don't know this person from Adam. How am I to take direction from a completely unknown person?
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I just had the weirdest phone call.
Friend 2: Oh, ya?
Friend 1: This person introduced himself and started talking about making funeral arrangements for my grandmother. He wanted some particulars about my grandmother, like her address and telephone number and date of birth and other information.
Friend 2: What did you do?
Friend 1: Well, I didn't know the caller from Adam so I hung up thinking it was some sort of scam.
Not knowing the man from Adam, there was no way she was going to open the door.
1) As I do not know this woman from Adam and she has indicated that she wants to make the interview about fanzines versus podcasts ...
2) ... disclaimer - this opinion is purely mine. Becky Higgins doesn't know me from Adam.
3) In any case, Baker didn't know the man from Adam, and did absolutely nothing to check out his bona fides.
4) I don't know where he gets that from, since I don't know him from Adam.
5) It's spam pure and simple. They don't know you from Adam, but they put an amount in to make you think there's some ...
6) I am in floods of tears. I don't know you from Adam but, my friend, this blog post has genuinely touched my soul.
7) I don't know Amber Lyons from Adam; would she fit in?
8) I don't know the guy from Adam so I can't say whether he's the ONE or a nice guy.
9) I don't know Peter Herbert from Adam as it were but he comes across as a man with no idea what he ...
10) ... though we have never met that player before. We don't know him from Adam and yet we are prepared to shout his innocence from the rooftops.
11) I personally do not know Chris from Adam, I do however admire the positive attitude and work that the B4RN team has ...
12) That judge didn't know me from Adam, if he knew ME and not just the lies the social services had wrote ...
13) ... who were wonderfully helpful even though they didn't know the emigrants from Adam.
14) ... he first came on the pro scene and the papers didn't know him from Adam.
15) I guess because I'm writing to people cold they don't know me from Adam so my letter either gets ignored or put at the bottom of a pile somewhere.
16) You've done good work and he/she doesn't know you from Adam, chances are you're not going to get a meeting without the help of ...
17) I am not a frequent mass attender at all so they did not know me from Adam.
18) This man didn't know us from Adam but he went out of his way to provide what to us was an outstanding ...
19) Are you willing to risk some HR executive, who doesn't know you from Adam, trash your resume, or just dislike your photo?
20) ... we met while I was on hospital admission. We didn't know them from Adam. The couple took interest in us and helped.